Iphone Upgrade (need step-by-step help)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sebastianenm, Jun 5, 2009.

1. sebastianenm macrumors newbie

Can Someone please help me with my iphone!!!!

Model MA712LL
    Version 1.1.1 (3A109a)
    Capacity: 8gb

I got this unlocked iphone as a gift a year ago...Now i want to upgrade my iphone and have all the new application software...Can some one guide me.. i am not techno savy and dont know much about all this stuff..

I am not aware of how my iphone was unlocked...all i know is it works in India and also in America...

I live in GA

Thanks,
    sebastian

2. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

Are you using it on AT&T? Do you want to keep it unlocked and jailbroken?

Honestly, I wouldn't advice non-tech savvy people to purchased unlocked/jailbroken phones because there will eventually come a point in time where you'll probably have to restore/upgrade/unlock/jailbreak it yourself.

3. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

It's not too difficult to help you with what you ask, just need to check some details with you.

First, please confirm that this is the non-3G model, ie the original iPhone 2G, and say whether you have a Mac or a PC, and which iTunes version you have installed.

4. arovik macrumors member

I would wait until Iphone OS 3.0 comes out. that's not a long wait now

5. iFerd macrumors 6502a

If the OP has firmware version 1.1.1, it has to be a first generation phone, doesn't it?

6. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

In addition to the fact that the 3G wasn't out this time last year.

7. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

Yes, but since it's best to know what computer he has in order to give him the right step-by-step instructions, I thought I might as well confirm that too.