iPhone Upgrade Program and iPhone 7

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PTVMan, Sep 17, 2015.

1. PTVMan macrumors 6502a

Through all the excitement, curiosity and questions surrounding the new iPhone Upgrade Program it will be very interesting to see how the program plays out when it comes time to order the iPhone 7. Will customers on the program be allowed to upgrade without going through the 12:01e ordering nonsense? Will Apple have a special order window for customers on the program? Or, will customers on the program not be allowed to upgrade to the new iPhone 7 until after launch day orders are filled?

All rhetorical questions, but like I said it will be interesting to see how this works going forward.

2. justinf77 macrumors 6502

I'm also very interested to see how it is going to play out next year with the iPhone 7. One of the reasons I was hesitating to do the iPhone Upgrade Program is because I wasn't sure if I would be able to secure a launch day phone as easily as I can now with ATT NEXT.

My hope is that they allow IUP customers to place pre-orders like everyone else and just pay off whatever remaining balance you have left at the time to enable an upgrade. Then you can either ship back your old iPhone or bring it into the store.

I actually kind of enjoy the 12:01 ordering process each year as it's become somewhat of a fun tradition, so I hope to be able to continue to do that.

3. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

That's why I'm letting you folks beta test this program for me. :D

4. Supermallet macrumors 65816

Supermallet

My guess is this:

At 12:01, reserve a spot using the upgrade program, same as during this launch. There will be a question on the site asking if you'll be turning in your current phone (since it's attached to your Apple ID they should already know if you're in the program). Do the swap on launch day during your reserved time.

I highly doubt they will force upgraders to wait until after launch orders are filled. The whole point of the program is to be able to easily upgrade every year. Anything that makes it tougher unnecessarily defeats the purpose.

5. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

My guess is when you sign into the Apple Store they will know you are part of the program and have an option to preorder the phone and set up your reservation to return the phone and re qualify for new 24 month payment plan. Hopefully the price won't go up for the 7.