iPhone upgrade program carrier unlocked model?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Matt.Musiol, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Matt.Musiol macrumors newbie

Does anyone know if the iPhone upgrade program ATT models are carrier unlocked like the T-Mobile ones are? I'm pretty sure Verizon and Sprint are but was under the impression that both ATT and T-Mobile weren't? Thanks!

2. Surfer13134 macrumors 6502a

When I pre-ordered mine mine said unlocked when I was checking out.

3. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68040

Lobwedgephil

They are all unlocked, but Att and TMobile will only work with Att and TMobile in the future.

4. Matt.Musiol thread starter macrumors newbie

Last year I was on ATT but got a T-mobile phone because there was no ATT model that I wanted. Everything worked when I swapped the SIM. This year I am with T-mobile and reserved an ATT phone hoping to do the same thing. I'm assuming it should work no problem after I swap the SIM?

5. bluedukies8 macrumors 6502

bluedukies8

Not from what I am/was told by Apple. I pre-ordered the Verizon one this year (I am on AT&T) but I was told you have to have your account information (that being Verizon for me) to activate the phone first.

Once it is activated though, I can put my AT&T sim into it and it will work just fine.

I'm just screwed in the activation part.

Did you not have to have a T-Mobile account to active the phone first?! That would give me some hope lol