Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cssywith1i

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 2, 2018
Boston
Hello everybody! Been a long time lurker and never needed to post thanks to all the great replies/helps from you peeps.

I was going to ask two questions but luckily Apple Support answered my first one before I was able to create an account on the forum: to get out of the program early, just cancel the Apple Care which would be refunded, and keep making payments. No pay-in-full requirements (this was my main concern). I needed to check on this because we are likely moving abroad and won't be using any domestic participating carriers, and we don't see an opportunity to upgrade next year.

The second question I would appreciate anyone's input with actual experience. We live in MA and really close to NH, where there is no sales tax. If we visit an NH Apple store to upgrade the phone, are we going to be charged with sales tax? Apple's rep wasn't sure whether they charge taxes based on store location or billing zipcode.

Anyone living near a sales tax free state had the experience?

Chaim18

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2018
Monsey, NY
Hello everybody! Been a long time lurker and never needed to post thanks to all the great replies/helps from you peeps.

I was going to ask two questions but luckily Apple Support answered my first one before I was able to create an account on the forum: to get out of the program early, just cancel the Apple Care which would be refunded, and keep making payments. No pay-in-full requirements (this was my main concern). I needed to check on this because we are likely moving abroad and won't be using any domestic participating carriers, and we don't see an opportunity to upgrade next year.

The second question I would appreciate anyone's input with actual experience. We live in MA and really close to NH, where there is no sales tax. If we visit an NH Apple store to upgrade the phone, are we going to be charged with sales tax? Apple's rep wasn't sure whether they charge taxes based on store location or billing zipcode.

Anyone living near a sales tax free state had the experience?
There would be no sales tax in your case. I live in NY near the NJ border and sales tax in NJ was $20 cheaper since the actual phone purchase was done at a NJ store. Zip code of my residence was totally not relevant

cssywith1i

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 2, 2018
Boston
Just to confirm. We finally upgraded today in NH, and there is nothing extra charged but the live-free-or-die air :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.