iPhone 11 Pro iPhone Upgrade Program Issue?

sandkicks

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2008
I am having an issue with my IPhone Upgrade program. I know I may have made a stupid mistake but I was going on an Apple advisors advice. Actually more than one. Anyway. I preordered on the IPhone upgrade program an iPhone 11 pro max. I ordered the space grey. I got it earlier today opened it and was unhappy with the color so I wanted to get midnight green. So I got on sales chat they started a return and assured me that once my phone returned I would be able to order green and trade in my current device so I dropped off the space grey pro max at fedex and after I decided to check in with Apple and they reassured me that I would be able to do as they said earlier. They some more time has passed and I’m wondering if my current iphone will be even attached to my new iPhone upgrade order so I call again and they tell me that no it will not and that the best I can do is trade my current phone in for a gift card with Apple I know stupid mistake. Anyone with similar experiences. Thank you

AndrewR23

macrumors 68040
Jun 24, 2010
When you return the 11 pro, the loan closes and you continue with the X or Xs whatever you have. Then you can rebuy the phone, they'll have you put in your ssn and redo the process.

sandkicks

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2008
When you return the 11 pro, the loan closes and you continue with the X or Xs whatever you have. Then you can rebuy the phone, they'll have you put in your ssn and redo the process.
So basically I can still return the current iPhone I have just have to wait for the loan to close