iPhone X iPhone Upgrade Program, just got billed for old loan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zea, Oct 2, 2018.

1. zea macrumors member

Has anyone (who got the iPhone X on launch day) who also just got the XS on launch day under the iUP, just get billed for technically the 13th month for their old loan? I say 13th month, because the XS pre-order required an early upgrade fee of one month's cost due to it only being out 11 months total. Will this payment be refunded once Apple closes out the loan? I sent my iPhone X back in last week, but it's still processing. I just called Citizens One and they said it's up to Apple. o_O

2. Shadowbech macrumors 601

Technically once Apple receives it and you should get an e-mail from Apple that they have received it and have completed the process and that the Apple has closed out your old loan. Have you gotten this e-mail? If not, it's not yet closed.

3. zea thread starter macrumors member

I have not received the email yet and I know it's still processing on their end. I'm wondering if we'll get refunded for that "extra" 13th payment.

4. TedJustAdmitit macrumors 6502

TedJustAdmitit

I am getting billed for October and that will be the 12th month like they require. We started the Contract in November of last year. So I don't think that it is a 13th payment.

5. zea thread starter macrumors member

When you upgraded to the XS did it not charge you an "Early Upgrade Payment" of one month's worth of the old loan? The Early Upgrade Payment + being billed in October would be 13 payments for us.

6. Wags macrumors 65816

Same boat. We should get some refund.
    The payment made before preorder was considered one time payment not paying the next months withdrawal early. The loan collects payments each month until PIF. Nothing dirty. Is what it is.

7. TedJustAdmitit macrumors 6502

TedJustAdmitit

It only charged me the taxes, but had not yet charged the next payment, only claiming that I would still get charged for it.

8. zea thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, that makes sense. Maybe that one time payment will be posted along with half of the loan amount (12 months), causing Citizens One to refund us one month's worth. That math checks out. I just hope it works that way.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 2, 2018 ---
    Interesting. I got charged taxes + an early upgrade fee of one month of the old iPhone X loan amount + first month's payment for the XS.

9. TedJustAdmitit macrumors 6502

TedJustAdmitit

Here's hoping a refund comes, keep us posted. Hopefully something happens when they receive the phone. I sent mine in yesterday.

10. Shadowbech macrumors 601

I thought they would put it "On Hold" if you pre-ordered. Apparently not. Not sure about the refund but I've heard some were successful in getting the 13th payment refunded back to the account.

11. zea thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, the upgrade fee was bundled in with my upfront tax cost and then the first month of the new XS loan was billed separately. Hopefully the 13th payment gets refunded soon.

12. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Sounds similar to the discussion at https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/apple-upgrade-charged-2-extra-payments.2144308/

13. Mbman81 macrumors member

You can log into your citizen account and cancel the latest automatic payment. That’s what I did.

My plan is that if they complain of non-payment then I will tell them that I paid it early and show them the iPhone receipt included 1 addl month payment already.

14. Koshkaboo macrumors member

Koshkaboo

Yes, DH and I just got charged this today. I was surprised to see it. We did pay the early upgrade payment when we ordered. I am hoping there will be a refund of something. We mailed in our phones yesterday (we only just got the boxes to return them).