iPhone Upgrade Program on Cricket Wireless?

Nick Welsh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2015
The iPhone upgrade program seems really nice. The only issue is that you have to activate on Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, or Sprint in order to get the iPhone upgrade program and I use Cricket wireless. Since it's an unlocked phone, I can just activate it on a network for a month, cancel service an pop in my Cricket sim. Is it possible to get the iPhone upgrade program and activate the iPhone on T-Mobile's $3/mo pay as you go plan? That way I only pay $3 more for 1 month instead of $50-60 from another network. I can't seem to find more specific details anywhere.

MuGeN PoWeR

macrumors 68030
Jun 29, 2011
The iPhone upgrade program seems really nice. The only issue is that you have to activate on Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, or Sprint in order to get the iPhone upgrade program and I use Cricket wireless. Since it's an unlocked phone, I can just activate it on a network for a month, cancel service an pop in my Cricket sim. Is it possible to get the iPhone upgrade program and activate the iPhone on T-Mobile's $3/mo pay as you go plan? That way I only pay $3 more for 1 month instead of $50-60 from another network. I can't seem to find more specific details anywhere.
it has to be a postpaid service.

Silverbird0000

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2006
Fort Myers, FL
You can sign up for AT&T service at time of buying phone with iPhone Upgrade Program. Then call AT&T in about 3 days after it has processed and cancel. You will have to pay a prorated fee for the 3 days. That is what my friend did who is on Cricket.

Reactions: MuGeN PoWeR
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.