iPhone upgrade program UK

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FurbyUK, Sep 9, 2016.

1. FurbyUK Suspended

So, the reservation system only showed pink and gold as available and to check back at 6am on the 17th.

I'm assuming this is like their previous reservation system where it's a day at a time, so on the 17th for pickup on 17th?

I'm also guessing that they probably won't have dedicated stock to this daily and it's probably going to be weeks for the model I want?

2. bigmikeyp macrumors regular

bigmikeyp

Not sure myself, can only hope that there is some stock on the 17th :(

It tells me that I've reached my maximum number of reservations, yet I didn't manage to get a single one!

3. twynne macrumors 6502a

Whole process for the UK seems a bit backward. Surely it would be better to register your interest (ie. join a queue) for the Model/Size/Colour you want, then they contact you when stock of that model comes up at one of your local stores. It would be easier than customers checking back constantly, and it would give Apple a better indication of interest in each model (so they know what to produce, where to ship).

4. FurbyUK thread starter Suspended

I had a problem that the first 10 minutes the app was sending me to the wrong link for the website and by the time I found the right one, my choice was out of stock. Thankfully I'm off the week following release so I can try my local (Reading) each day, or branch out to Basingstoke or the London Ines.

I'm betting the max reservations was due to the site being hammered.

5. twynne macrumors 6502a

There was definitely something wrong at the start... at first the reservation page wouldn't load, then the link from upgrade page was sending me to the US Apple Store page. As you say by the time it worked there were none of the models I'd want available. Just have to keep trying after Friday. :(

6. FurbyUK thread starter Suspended

It looks like they've just used the same old reservation system from the other year for store orders.

7. FurbyUK thread starter Suspended

I'm still feeling optimistic that since they appear to be doing daily reservations from the 17th, that there will be dedicated stock for this. Or it's going to just be the remnants of the colours people don't want (Pink andGold)

8. Totalkharnage macrumors 6502

Totalkharnage

I think the stores get stock daily so it's a case of first come first serve that day.

I was lucky in that I checked first thing Saturday and was able to find the model I wanted for launch day so guess someone must have cancelled their reservation. Work checking daily ahead of the 17th too

9. MathersMahmood macrumors 6502

MathersMahmood

Whole thing was a joke and annoyed me. When i clicked on the reservation list it took me to the us site instead!

Then once i got the right site it was sold out. the 17th needs to hurry up lol

10. FurbyUK thread starter Suspended

I've been checking on and off, though I'm working the Friday and can't get the day off, so I can only get to the Apple Store about 6ish. So it's checking daily on the weekend and the following week for me, as I'm off that week.

11. FurbyUK thread starter Suspended

Yea. It wasn't well prepared. The app kept sending me to a link that had 'channel 2' in it,' which kept timing out. Found a link on the uk order thread on here and that was 'channel 1' and that loaded straight away, but too late for the model I wanted.

12. jaymulli95 macrumors newbie

jaymulli95

I managed to get on the mobile site about 9am on Friday and reserved a 32gb matte black iPhone 7 for pickup from Liverpool one, it went through but I didn't get an email so I tried again and at the very end got an error , so I created a new Apple ID because it said I had maxed out my reservations and managed to secure another black 32gb and did get the email for that. Though I went on the Apple Store app to reservations and the other 2 were there with an order number so in theory I have reserved 3 iPhone 7s, I just hope it isn't screwed up and they actually have reserved them

13. FurbyUK thread starter Suspended

There seemed to be less demand for a 7 than the 7Plus and even less demand for 32Gb. The popular option was the 7Plus in 128Gb in both the blacks. Which is what I was after.

14. jaymulli95 macrumors newbie

jaymulli95

I don't know if it's less demand but more lack of supply, the 7+ has the dual cameras and based on the fact that people have to wait months to get the added features for the dual cameras shows they must be struggling on the software side and they may not have had as much time to get the 7+ built as they have been waiting for the software to catch up which isn't an issue on the normal 7, surely a company as big as apple shouldn't have this same issue every year

15. FurbyUK thread starter Suspended

Definitely less demand. You can still get a 7 in all colours apart from both blacks in a lot of the stores.

16. jaymulli95 macrumors newbie

jaymulli95

i guess some folk are put off by the headphone jack thing :-/

17. FurbyUK thread starter Suspended

I think it's more cos people want the plus over the standard size. All I've seen in the UK order thread is people want the plus.