iPhone XS Max iPhone Upgrade Program Users Upgrading in 2019?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TonyC17, Jul 30, 2019.

1. TonyC17 macrumors member

I know I've been seeing a lot people talk about holding out on the 2019 iPhones for the 2020. Anticipation is definitely a little bit lower this year but I'm sure Apple will still have some surprises for us. Will anyone in the iPhone Upgrade Program be upgrading this year? I first enrolled with the iPhone X and upgraded to the XS Max with only a $3 difference.

Will you upgrade to the 2019 iPhone for a couple dollars extra?

2. Dino F macrumors 68030

Dino F

....not me!

This is my second year on the program - first was from iPhone 7 to iPhone 8 Plus and then from 8 plus to my current XS.

If I am 100% honest, the new designs (if they are to be believed!) with their massive square camera lense are truly FUGGLY :rolleyes::eek: so I for one will 100% NOT be 'upgrading' this year.

Roll on 2020.....:apple:

3. Shadowbech macrumors 601

I definitely will be upgrading regardless of what’s rumored for 2019. This way don’t get a hard it on my report because if you do a yearly upgrade it is a soft hit (well at least for me for the past few years. If I keep this for another year I would have paid it off then and if I start iup again next year then it be a hard hit.

4. BugeyeSTI macrumors 68030

BugeyeSTI

I’m going to wait to see what the XI offers before I decide.. If it’s not enticing to me I’ll wait till the 2020 phones come out as I’m perfectly happy with my X.

5. JohnnyChuttz macrumors newbie

JohnnyChuttz

Yep, new phone and brown leather every year since the 6. I feel like the leather case wasn't as durable this year. It already looks like September in years past.

6. MisterSavage macrumors 65816

MisterSavage

Yep, that's why I signed up. It's fun for me to upgrade yearly, especially since they'll mail me the new phone instead of making me go to the Apple Store like they used to.

7. Aliciakeystx macrumors member

8. littlerock72202 macrumors newbie

9. DevinNj macrumors 6502a

Usually I wait until the new phone is released before I decide. I will most likely upgrade this year. I figure if I'm paying monthly, it may as well be for the newest model.

10. now i see it macrumors 68040

not a fan of wasting money on iPhones ad infinitum when there's so many more fun things in life to waste money on or save up for

11. craigio85 macrumors 6502a

craigio85

I won’t be upgrading.

I’m perfectly happy with my XS, so I don’t the see the sense in handing it back to Apple and agreeing to another twelve instalments when I can pay another eight instalments (UK plan) and own the phone.

If I’m enticed by the 2020 offerings, I can simply rejoin the plan or consider selling the XS and offsetting it from the cost of buying outright.