iPhone upgrade program vs carriers

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tl01, Sep 18, 2016.

1. tl01 macrumors 68020

Last time we had a phone release the IUP was the clear winner to me...but this time I am feeling a little bummed I am paying so much per month for my phone. The only added benefits I can see I get by having done the IUP is my phone is unlocked and I got my phone quickly on launch day.

I don't travel out of the US much right now as I have two young kids and am a soccer mom who is mostly home with them. I know I can switch carriers if I want but I know the only place I would go is T mobile and they will pay any etf. My dad is on the same phone plan with me and he went to att and said he will trade his iPhone 6 and get a 128 7 plus for $10 a month. I gave back my 6s plus to apple and am paying over $40 a month...I feel like maybe my desire to get my phone right away is costing me a lot;). Am I missing something?

2. buck1127 macrumors 65816

buck1127

All hail the soccer mom........ when I was you I was in soccer sis all the tournaments playoffs practices the games and all. Put my mom thru hell too. Hats off to you

As far as the question only real difference is IUP includes apple care

3. tl01 thread starter macrumors 68020

I enjoy the soccer...have even coached and been assistant coach for my younger child;).

Yes, I do get the apple care but even still...seems like I took the bad deal (in all fairness that carrier deals weren't available when I ordered...) all because I like my phone early. Sort of makes me feel wasteful!

Thanks!

4. buck1127 macrumors 65816

buck1127

I'm kind of glad I went thru carrier..... they are giving me 650.00 for my 6s+ towards the phone

5. tl01 thread starter macrumors 68020

Exactly... how long is it taking you to get your phone?