Iphone Upgrade Program, Will they ship or do in store appts?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sandkicks, Sep 6, 2016.

1. sandkicks macrumors member

2. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

3. Alexrat1996 Suspended

Same

4. sandkicks thread starter macrumors member

when you order a phone through the iPhone upgrade program. How can you make sure that you will always get the new phone every year when it is released. Just order it on friday then next year do the same is my guess and hope they give you an upgrade date that corresponds to that.

5. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I'm assuming it will be in-store and shipping with TMO being the in-store only exception. I will be doing in-store appointment like last year.

6. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

hopefully we can pre order appointments lol

7. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

What do you mean by Pre-order appointments? Last year as soon as pre-orders went live you could pick the device you wanted and the store you wanted to go to. Then it gave a list of available appointments. My appointment last year was 8AM Launch Day. Was in and out in 15 minutes.

8. Jax44 macrumors 6502a

Jax44

It would be nice if they emailed us with a list of upgrade options, hit a link with your choice and boom, reply gives you a date and time to pick up in store.

9. edlex, Sep 7, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2016

edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

I'm hoping there is an option to have it shipped to me along with an in store return of my 6S plus within a certain period of time. That would definitely be more convenient for me.

10. Martoony macrumors newbie

Martoony

Ok so this upgrade program is horrible if you want a chance of getting your upgrade on the 16th. Upgrading forces you to pick a store to make a reservation rather than shipping you a phone. The huge disadvantage? Stores have a lot less supply than getting a phone shipped from Apple. I got on at 12:01 PT and there were no phones left in any of the stores. However, if I had bought the phone as NEW phone on the upgrade program, they wouldve shipped by the 16th. I’m thinking it probably would’ve been better to buy a 7 as a new upgrade program phone, and pay off, then sell my 6s. Lame

11. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

Yeah I couldn't get a 7+ in black but I managed to get one in silver. Guess it depends on your local store allocation. Apparently both my closest stores had no blacks but plenty of the 7 in all colors and 7+ in silver, gold and rose gold.