Carrier iPhone Upgrade Program with Verizon

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cagcody, Sep 8, 2016.

1. cagcody macrumors regular

I haven't seen this asked yet on the forum, and if it already exists please forgive me. In short, I'm currently on a Verizon Device Payment plan for the iPhone 6S. I'm thinking about using the Apple iPhone Upgrade program to purchase the iPhone 7 Plus. I'm aware that if I do this, all I'll have to do is simply pay Verizon for the remaining balance of my 6S. My question is this... When I'm signing up for the program, will I have to know like the zip code and the last four of the social that is tied to the Verizon account? I'm not the main account holder, so I don't have this information. I was just wondering if those that have done the program in the past could guide me.

Also, say everything goes through for the credit approval and I get it... Does it then ship to me on the 16th, or would I just be making a reservation to go to the Apple Store and pick it up? I ask this because I don't live close to the store, so if that is the case I'm going to have to just order through Verizon. Thanks guys!

2. slagathor001 macrumors regular

I pretty much have the same exact question! Any help would be great!

I have the iPhone 6s+ on Verizon and I wanna trade it in for the 7+ and start using apple's iPhone upgrade program. Verizon says I have to pay $474.99 to upgrade.

So does that mean at 3am tonight (eastern time) if I go to apple's website, pre order the phone and choose the iPhone upgrade program they're going to make me fill out my verizon info and verizon will charge me that $474.99 while Apple charged me $40 (or wtvr) a month?

Just curious how this happens when you do it through apple and not Verizon!

Thanks so much.

3. Kjung7 macrumors 6502

I may be wrong on this, but I was under the impression that the Apple upgrade program does not go through your carrier. You simply purchase a device from Apple (full retail or payment plan) and activate it on whatever network you want. With the new 7 I would recommend buying the Verizon/Spring models since the At&t/T-mobile one don't have CDMA bands in them.

So to sum it up you can keep paying the payment plan for Verizon while paying the payment plan for the Apple upgrade program. They are completely separate so as long as you keep paying for your old device on Verizon you should be fine. I'd sell the old one on eBay and pay the remaining balance so that I wouldn't have to worry about another bill.

4. mjschabow macrumors 65816

Yep. I answered this in another thread. I asked Verizon on a chat and they said that if I order through their website, they'll charge me the remainder of the balance to hit 50% at the checkout page.

No clue about Apple's website though. My hunch is that they'd show that you're not eligible for an upgrade.

5. slagathor001 macrumors regular

Hmmmm, you don't think apple would take my verizon info and see that I have an upgrade available if I pay X amount of price?
    --- Post Merged, Sep 8, 2016 ---
    Alright, so I called apple and it seems if I pay Verizon 50% for my phone I will be eligible for an upgrade. Which I believe means that if I pay that off now, then at 3am (eastern) I should be able to get a new phone on Verizon (same number) through the iPhone Upgrade plan.

Can anyone confirm if thats correct? Thanks!