iPhone upgrade programme: How to upgrade online

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jasonufc, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Jasonufc macrumors newbie

hi,
    Apologies if this has been answered before but I looked through various threads and I couldn't find an answer to this (admittedly specific question). I am on the upgrade programme and this year will be the first time I am eligible for an upgrade. On pre order day last year how did you literally tell apple when pre ordering it was an upgrade?
    Did existing IUP members simply reserve and then select pick up like everyone else? I know on the Apple Store app there is an apple upgrade programme tab on the main page that I can click on that confirms I am eligible for an upgrade once I have made my final payment this month. Is this the tab that was used last year for existing users to upgrade on pre order day?
    I am also aware that due to the problems last year existing IUP users may upgrade in a completely different way to last year but I just want to make sure when the day comes I know how to upgrade quickly.
    Cheers!

2. bmstrong macrumors 6502a

TTTT! My first year as well. I'm interested in how the process works.

3. markfasel macrumors newbie

markfasel

Following...I'm too in the same position. I was on T-Mobile (Signed up tho last year with Verizon and then switch to T-Mobile). I am switching back to Verizon this week (due to the Unlimited Plan), would there be any issues with this? When I go to upgrade, do I just select Verizon / iPhone Upgrade Program?

Thanks