iPhone Upgrade Programme US Advice for UK first time

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by derf1990, Sep 29, 2016.

1. derf1990 macrumors member

Hi all,

Thinking of signing up for the upgrade programme here in the Uk and wondered if any US people could help with the following:

The main reason i wanna do this is to spread the cost of the phone over a year/ not two years. I have read online that you can call up and pay of chunks of the cost as well as the regular monthly minimum payments. What i am trying to find out is if i pay outright for the phone before one year is up I can keep the phone and sell before i upgrade to the next gen iPhone. Did anyone in the US do this? Means you actually get some return from your investment as long as you look after the phone and you don't have to give back to apple.

thanks in advance

F

2. sat165 macrumors regular

I'm not in the US but yes, if you have paid the phone off in full within 12 months then that phone is now yours. You can then choose to sell it (which would end your current upgrade plan), or you can give it back to apple and continue on your existing upgrade program for the iPhone 8 (not much point in that if you've already paid it off)

One suggestion - Why not put the chunks of money that you would've given to apple over the year into your savings account. Then after 12 months you can decide, based on the current market value/condition of your phone, whether to pay it all off and sell it or continue with the plan for the 8.