iPhone upgrade question "I am a authorized user" do i enter my SS number?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vanimal, Sep 18, 2016.

1. vanimal macrumors 6502a

They had a few 7 plus phones in stock today that i missed out on at my local Apple store near me. I want to make sure i know what i am doing so i can move quick this time.

Me & my fiance have a account on ATT. She technically is the primary account member but i am a 100% authorized user for years and years now. I have all the account info etc and have upgraded phones in the store on my own in the past. My question is when you get to the last screen after it does the verification we are on ATT. It asks for a social number. If its showing "her" name and our address via our ATT info as if the phone was shipped to me can i use my SS number for the citizens loan?

I could use hers but if i make a appointment for the am and swing by Apple she won't be able to make it with me. Just checking before i enter mine and it gives me a error lol. I am practice doing it now as if the phone would be shipped to me, its using our address and it shows her name. But on the next screen it asks for a SS number and a credit card but does not as for a "Name". So just checking.

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Use your SSN if it's your iPhone as they'll do a hard pull for the credit check.

3. npolly0212 macrumors 65816

if it is for the account. you use the main one on the account. When I do it I have to give the last 4 of my dads social number because he is the main account holder

4. vanimal thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yea i got past that part it asked for a the number the phone will be for and the last 4 of the social to verify as well as the zip code.

On the last screen where they ask for payment it just asks for a full SS number and a credit card, its not like your typical credit card application where you put in your name income etc. I am just doing it now as if the phone will be shipped to me. After 12 if there are some in stock i will try the store pickup.

5. npolly0212 macrumors 65816

Then I would put whichever one goes with the name on the card then

6. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Right, they'll do a credit check on the full SSN.

7. npolly0212 macrumors 65816

Sorry about that, misread what part he was on lol!

8. vanimal, Sep 18, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2016

vanimal thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok i was just hoping i could put my SS number so i could go pick it up under my Apple ID and my Credit card so i wouldn't need her.

My schedule is FAR more flexible over hers, not to mention she loathes going to the apple store lol. I am usually the one that picks our phones up when we upgrade always.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 18, 2016 ---
    Never mind i jumped on my desktop and i see they ask for a full name and social. Her name is only for the "shipping" info if i were to have it shipped to me. So i guess i could use my social and my name for the Citizens loan.
    Yup makes sense now, i use my social info and my credit card. Just want to make sure i had it clear if some plus phones pop up after midnight :)

9. npolly0212 macrumors 65816

Good Luck. Was able to wake up at 11 AM and still reserve a 7+ matte black this morning

10. vanimal thread starter macrumors 6502a

I checked at 10:45am and my local store had 128gb matte black and a 32gb gold. I wasn't 100% sure how the upgrade system worked applying and picking up in store. So by the time i researched it in 10 mins the phones where gone lol. :(
    When they say they update at 12:01 is that their PST time or do they mean my time which is eastern? Something tells me its PST like the pre-orders etc.

11. npolly0212 macrumors 65816

according to everyone it is your local 12:01.
    https://reserve.cdn-apple.com/US/en...1&sourceID=email&rv=0&path=&iPP=U&appleCare=Y
    right now hawaii and nevada have them. But the ones here didn't show up till around 8 am today

12. vanimal thread starter macrumors 6502a

Awesome thanks Npolly. I will give it a go and see after 12. If not i will check early am.

13. npolly0212 macrumors 65816

anytime. Good Luck! its a great phone to have!