iPhone Upgrade

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fre3way, Jan 4, 2015.

1. fre3way macrumors member

I am due for an upgrade on verizon and I was looking around for some promotions on iPhone 6 or 6 plus and wasn't able to find any. Is it okay to upgrade at BestBuy since they run promotional offers? I don't want to be charged extra for going through BestBuy than the actual verizon store. Also, is it worth it to even get the 6 at this point or should I just wait for the 7?

2. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

You usually won't find promotions for anything with an "i" in front of the name until late product cycle. Upgrading through BestBuy's phone department would be the same as going to a carrier store. They're authorized by the carriers to be a retail partner for a reason.

And really? The iPhone 6/6+ just launched a little over two months ago. To add to that, no one but yourself can determine, for you, if it's worth buying anything; let alone a potentially expensive asset like a phone.

3. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Best Buy is almost always offering some sort of gift card with their phones. I know they are doing $50 on AT&T Next. Not sure what the offer is on Verizon, but I am sure there is something.

4. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

I was imaging a direct promotion that the big box retailers usually offer like Walmart's dropping the iPhone 5C's down to .97 cents on a new contract the summer before the iPhone 6 launch.

5. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

That's fair. I just wanted to make it clear to the OP, and anyone else who might wander into the thread, that Best Buy often does do promotions like that. Often times they aren't advertised either. They just hand you a printed gift card (bar code) and you are on your way.

6. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

I know their availability is not so great and likely poor customer service, but I noticed Target had some promotions this week. Some of the 6 and 6+ are $20 lower than retail with a $30 target gift card given too.

That's not enough incentive for me unless it's a store you already like doing business with. I go where I know the return policy and feel comfortable.

7. fre3way thread starter macrumors member

Can I upgrade my line on verizon and have them not open the box and activate it? In other words, I want to give the phone to my girlfriend as a gift who is on at&t.

8. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

At Best Buy? Yes.