iPhone Upgrade

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nefan65, Mar 10, 2010.

1. nefan65 macrumors 65816

nefan65

Okay, I did a search, but didn't find anything specific to my question, so I did try :)

Anywho, here's the scoop. We have 3 iPhones on a Family Plan, unlimited data, text, etc. They're all 8GB, 3G phones. My wife cracked her glass on the phone, and it works, but difficult to see, use, etc. Now, my phone is fine, but I qualify for an upgrade to my iPhone this month. The plan is that she'll get the new phone, but I'll be doing the upgrade with my number. Is there an issue with that? Or can I just oder it, have it delivered with no SIM, pop the SIM from her old phone out, and into the new one?

I would think I could, but haven't found anyplace here, or on AT&T's site that says it would..or wouldn't...lol

Thanks!

2. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

Yes, this will work just fine. I'd restore the phones to factory before putting in the new SIM just to be safe though.

Edit: On 2nd thought, I don't even think you should need to do that. You will never have to put your SIM into that new phone. Take her SIM out of her old phone and put it into this new one and your all set. Apple/AT&T do not care which phone everyone on the plan is using.

3. gigapocket1 macrumors 6502a

Yeah. Theirs no problem in doing that.

Y not just get the phone fixed? I know apple charges 200 but I'm about 100% sure you can find someone that will put a new screen in for about $40..

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No probs.
    Just stick her simcard in the new iphone and thats it.

5. nefan65 thread starter macrumors 65816

nefan65

Thanks everyone! I did consider glass replacement, but beyond the glass, it's almost a 2 year old phone anyway, so why not...

Many thanks to all!

6. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

And why on earth is she getting the new phone as opposed to you?!? Lol

Or, do you get to use her upgrade to get the 4thGen iPhone?