iPhone Upgrading Issues

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Zitara1121, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Zitara1121 macrumors newbie

Sorry if this has been brought up before but i didn't see another thread.

I am trying to get an iPhone on Dec. 20th because i am driving from southwest Florida to Boston. My upgrade eligibility is on Jan. 4th. I have spent almost a week talking to 611 and our local AT&T store and so far nobody will let me upgrade 2 weeks early. Is there a loophole or does anyone in southwest Florida know of a store where the AT&T reps would be willing to work with me?

2. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Not gonna happen. I've been trying too. One of my lines is eligible on December 24th, and to this very day they won't do it. Especially for an iPhone.

3. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

I paid the unsubsidized price because I was a 1.5-month old AT&T subscriber prior to releasing the iPhone 3G back in July 11th. I've tried to explain my issue to them but they're just too... :mad:

I'd be so surprised if they'll do that on upgrade eligibility too.

4. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

There's a big difference between a new customer and someone who's been with the company long enough to be upgrade eligible (which is at least one year, almost 3 in my case)

5. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

I guess they just stand by their word, though I've read somewhere here that some had a workaround on it, but I don't know if that's true or just false rumor. Either way good luck on upgrading.

6. Luke1robb macrumors 6502a

Luke1robb

Not gonna happen... Why not wait til Jan. 4th? Or for that matter wait til macworld. Wouldn't you feel stupid if you bought a 8GB for $199 or 16GB for $299 just to see the prices drop $100 respectively a couple days later? You'll be with your iPhone soon, don't worry.