Iphone-ups

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by protobiont, Oct 12, 2011.

1. protobiont macrumors 6502a

Some of the ATT orders are shipping with "IPHONE-UPS" listed as the carrier. Obviously, this is UPS, but do you think they are running some additional trucks or something unique to handle these iphone orders, or do you think we'll see them at the usual UPS delivery time?

2. edk99 macrumors 6502a

If it is being delivered to your home I would expect the phones to be absorbed into the regular driver routes. Maybe an extra or a larger truck would be used on routes that would go to retailers. UPS delivers a LOT of packages every day. It should be a blip on the radar to them

3. EmbraceTheOne macrumors 6502a

There's nothing special about iPhone orders. They are handled the same way as everything else. Everyone keeps talking about them getting special treatment.

I am 99% sure that is untrue.

4. protobiont thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, you are probably right. I just wondered why the ATT site listed IPHONE-UPS instead of just UPS...

5. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Every other year iPhones were treated specially.

UPS has generally accepted the iPhones a few days early and taken them to local distribution centers and then held on to them there until the release date.

You can't go in and ask UPS to do the same thing with a package you're sending so, yeah, that's "special treatment."

6. nm82, Oct 12, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2011

nm82 macrumors newbie

I had the same question why IPHONE-UPS???? This is what my order status says, however it wont let me track it on UPS. Every time I try to use that tracking number it says UPS could not locate the shipment details of your request.

Attached Files:

7. isoft7 macrumors 6502a

My guess is the packages are marked in a unique fashion so as to try and keep any mistakes from taking place and having a phone get delivered early.

Not really "special treatment", such as exclusive trucks or anything of the sort, rather a method of inventory that leaves no room for miscommunication.

8. efyou macrumors regular

They will probably have extra people working out there because it's definitely an increase in deliveries for the drivers, on top of what they normally deliver. I requested this Friday off a while ago and just today my boss asked me to please work anyway. I work at FedEx and we are not shipping as many iphones as UPS. I think we may deliver some tomorrow actually to lighten the load. Not sure though but if they arrive tomorrow morning and it's a lot I could see that happening.