iPhone Usage is same as Standby

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BizRunner, Nov 4, 2010.

1. BizRunner macrumors member

BizRunner

I have noticed that my battery is not lasting as long as it usually does on my 4. I was just curious if anyone knew why the usage is the same as the standby time?

Attached Files:

2. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

do a settings restore and have a good day...

...i said good day!

3. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

only thing i can think of is you have auto lock set to never

4. this is funah macrumors 6502

this is funah

i think this happens when you listen to music or podcasts.

5. Eternal 28 macrumors 6502

I had the same thing happen to me, I think its a bug in iOS 4.1. I just restarted the phone and its back to normal now.

6. UofM Canes! macrumors newbie

Had the same thing, my battery life was horrible.

I had an email account but the settings were wrong, it may have been my work server. Either way, it was continually trying to push mail and not working, so it would try again. It was basically always trying to retrieve mail and as a result always being used. Turned off the email account and battery life returned. Usage meter was back to normal too.

Good luck.

7. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

try to restore it as new instead of update...

8. hilal macrumors newbie

This happened to me as well. Naturally when you have this case it means that something is being done in the background while the iPhone is sleeping. In my case it turned out to be Bejeweled Blitz.

Seems after I updated to 4.1, Bejeweled started behaving oddly in a way that once I play and then dismiss the game, it keeps processing in the background. Once I killed its process, I noticed that things went back to normal. So you will have to figure out which application is doing that in your case.

9. TheBigYahi macrumors newbie

I have the same problem with Slacker Radio. If I don't force close it when I'm done listening my standby time will equal my usage and my battery will go to crap. Never got a response from the Slacker folks on their forum. Too bad, might have to move on to Pandora.