iPhone usage statistics

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by PacketPaul, Nov 11, 2011.

1. PacketPaul macrumors newbie

I have been following my iPhone battery statistics since the 5.01 upgrade to see if I can find any differences. Under General there are two statistics:

Usage
    Standby

My assumption has always been Usage was when the phone was being actively used, such as talking on the phone. Standby was when the phone was not being used (maybe sitting on a desk waiting for a call). If you add the two you should receive the total time since the last charge.

But this is not the case. The Standby statistic always increases, even if being used. So for example, if remove the phone from the charger and talk for an hour followed by leaving it untouched for an hour. Your Usage will say 1 hour and your Standby will say 2 hours.

Your Standby time is not actually time the phone has been waiting for a call but the total time since the last full charge.

Anyone else find this odd?

2. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

No, that's the way Apple does it, they even say that in the phone guides and on their site. The standby time lists the total time the phone has been off the charger.