Iphone usage stats not right

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tigress666, Apr 25, 2011.

1. tigress666 macrumors 68040

Ok, so the last few days I was checking to see how long I'd been using my iphone for out of idle curiousity how long the battery was lasting me while playing mostly games.

Yesterday when my battery was at 50% my iphone was claiming I had used it for 5 hours since hte last charge. Wow... uh, pretty good except for normally my iphone has about 5 hours of my usage (well maybe more but that's my loose estimate from what I've seen before. Usually if I am at 50% I've used it for 2-3 hours). Wierd, cool if true but I'm thinking something was off.

So today I know something is off. It claimed at 50% that I've used it for 10 hours! Uh, no way. I'd have to have been using it for every hour continuously except for 1 hour since I unplugged it (I usually plug it in every night to charge). Not to mention the iphone would have a super battery if that were true.

I did just get a power pack and have been testing the power pack to see how much it would charge my phone (basically instead of every night of charging it I use the pack when it needs to be charged and I won't be using it to get an accurate idea). But yesterday it was charged as normal (well I think middle of the night I noticed it stopped charging so I plugged it in but was at full when I unplugged) and then last night it was charged as normal (plugged in before I go to sleep).

Why is it claiming all the sudden I'm constantly using it?

2. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Ah yes, this happened to me once a week with my old 4. Heres what fixed it EVERYTIME. Okay charge your phone overnight and when you wake up and its at 100%, take it off and use your phone until it gets to 98%. Then plug it back in to 100% when its fully charged and unplug the phone and it should work perfectly normal after that.

Example-I wake up and take my phone off charger. Say Ive used it for 3 minutes and its been in standby for 12. My phone would say 12 minutes for usage and standby even though this is not true.

So I plugged it back in and waited till it was fully charged and everything was normal after that.

3. tigress666 thread starter macrumors 68040

4. tigress666 thread starter macrumors 68040

Darnit. I tried that and it didn't work.

I have noticed it seems to be that my iPhone tells me instead of how long I've used it since the last charge it tells me how long it's been since the last charge (it's supposed to do the former but it seems to be doing the latter).

*sigh* I'd really like it to be accurate again :(.