Iphone USB Tether & Netgear MBRN3000

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Sp71Supra, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Sp71Supra macrumors regular

I have searched and searched and found nothing about the new Netgear MBRN3000, its Netgears new 3G router. It accepts 3G USB sticks and streams the connection throughout your entire house.

It only shows a few compatible modems on the list, but I was wondering if anyone out there is using this router w/ the iphone factory USB tethering. It seems it should work. Anyone out there using this? If so how is it working for you.

I wanted to go out and buy this router and try it, but none of my local retailers even heard of it, but apparently Netgear released it in June of 2010. My Staples and Best Buy do not list it. I don't want to order online because if it does not work then I have to pay to ship it back, etc.. If I knew it worked I would order it online and keep it.

I think this is a great option for people.. im surprised there is very limited information on this topic.

Thanks

2. nobias macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Many dd-wrt routers support this feature.
    Do some research, it's a custom firmware that is made for many commercially available routers that adds tons of features.

One solution might be to use a router to bridge the iPhone's wifi signal.