iphone use in car

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by robindahlia789, Jun 24, 2009.

1. robindahlia789 macrumors regular

my car uses cassette/radio player still so i play my music through a cassette adapter plugged into my iphone
    why is that whenever i plug my iphone into the cassette adapter it goes straight into voice control? wether it's asleep or not
    when i try to use voice activation it doesn't work while plugged in.
    the very first day i got my iphone i was able to have it plugged in and use voice control to change songs/artist and also use the cars speakers to project a persons voice while using speaker phone, as well as talk back to them still plugged in.

Rob

2. D3lta macrumors 6502a

Same thing happens to me. I plug in my AUX cable, and voice control pops up... it's annoying since I have no use for it. :/

3. Natesac macrumors 6502a

Natesac

Same thing happens to me. I have a headphone to RCA cable plugged into the back of my head unit. Sometimes it works fine (love the voice control) most of the time it kicks the voice control on and it seems like it is listening from he AUX cable that has no mic :(

4. JosephBergdoll macrumors 6502

5. BrownManUPS macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

I use my iPhone in the car with a cassette as well, but don't have this problem. It may have to do with the brand of cassette. I use the black Phillips one you can get at a wal-mart.

And yes, since the cassette acts like a headphone jack with no mic, you can't talk to the phone while plugged into the iPhone with the cassette. This kinda sucks. I wish the microphone on the bottom was active while headphones are plugged in.

6. Natesac macrumors 6502a

Natesac

If you notice I bet it works sometimes. I wonder of it might have something g to do with static, or maybe it's kist a software bug

7. scotland007 macrumors regular

8. Hmm macrumors regular

Hmm

9. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

[​IMG]

Rumor has it these were once used to store audio back before there were iPods. Chances are you can see these inside of a stoners house, or an old car.

10. scotland007 macrumors regular

11. Zadiek macrumors member

12. RJ17 macrumors regular

I wish my car had a cassette player. I have one of those unlucky cars that was made after cassette players but before every car had an auxiliary input.