iPhone X IPhone user experience sucks so much

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by UBS28, May 27, 2018.

1. UBS28 macrumors 6502a

Everytime there is an update of an App that is not somehow allowed in the country where I originally setup my iTunes account, I have to go to my fake account in the country I am currently living to update FREE apps.

Horrible user experience.

Apple won’t allow my main account to be switced to the region I am currently living at so I have to do this kind of crap every single time.

2. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

It’s not Apple’s fault you live in a country that restricts some apps.

3. TiggrToo macrumors demi-goddess

TiggrToo

And from this you have decided that the entire User Experience 'sucks'?

#FirstWorldProblems :rolleyes:

4. UBS28 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Apple could simply change the region of my main iTunes account. But they refuse to do this. So now I need to keep switching between my main account and fake accounts.

So it is Apple their fault.

5. mjschabow macrumors 68000

I had a bad experience at a local pizza place. Therefore, I now hate pizza.

6. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Apple is not going to violate policy and law to appease you.

Get an Android phone if you hate Apple so much.

7. TiggrToo macrumors demi-goddess

TiggrToo

No, Apple are abiding by local laws, rules and regulations. If you don't like it then move (or, better yet and echoing @BasicGreatGuy , migrate to Android where they're much less concerned about all that).

8. UBS28 thread starter macrumors 6502a

What? Apple is the one that is violating the law here, not me as they are blocking this change. My main account should be tied to the region where I currently live, not where it is were it created.

And yes, my new Phone will be an Android one. Apple has completely lost it.

9. TiggrToo macrumors demi-goddess

TiggrToo

If you are so gung-ho sure they have broken the law then you'll have absolutely zero issues informing us exactly which law that is, right?

10. UBS28 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Perhaps I should not pay VAT taxes in the country where my main account is registered but in the country I am currently living?

And to fix this, causes even more headaches.

11. TiggrToo macrumors demi-goddess

TiggrToo

You pay VAT on free apps? :eek::rolleyes:

Again, please state the exact law that you assert is being broken. As it stands you just think a law is being broken, but since you can't state exactly how, it's left to the rest of us that you're just whining.

12. bopajuice Suspended

bopajuice

You do realize you are complaining about Apple on a website about Apple products frequented by loyal Apple supporters? I sympathize with your issue, but you may be asking for consolation from the wrong crowd on these forums.

13. Jolly-boo macrumors member

If it's an issue then it's an issue, but nonetheless seems like an overreaction IMHO.

I do have a "it is what it is" mantra about thins though.

14. TiggrToo, May 27, 2018
    Last edited: May 27, 2018

TiggrToo macrumors demi-goddess

TiggrToo

I'll be the first to call Apple out on what I see are their screw-ups (and they have quite a few in my eyes) but, as @Jolly-boo stated so wonderfully, in this case the issue is a case of "it is what it is"... o_O

15. Altis macrumors 68030

What a fail. OP isn't saying he hates all phones now.

As for OP, I have no idea why Apple won't let you change your account to reflect the country you currently live in. Maybe try contacting them to see if there's a way to do so. I would have thought you could change your address, including country, as people move about all the time.

16. mjschabow macrumors 68000

What are you talking about? I was just telling a story about something that happened to me.

17. Altis macrumors 68030

You very clearly tried to be analogous with OP. It isn't a reasonable comparison, though, because OP is upset with a brand specifically.

18. mjschabow macrumors 68000

Don’t put words in my mouth. If I want to tell a story about pizza, I’m going to tell a story about pizza.

19. Altis macrumors 68030

You don't have a case for plausible deniability.

Whether you were making a failed comparison or telling some completely unrelated (and almost certainly untrue) story about pizza, you've been a wonderful contribution to this thread. ;)

20. tonybarnaby macrumors 65816

Sell the phone and get an android then. It’s on YOU if you keep doing something you don’t like. No one is forcing you to do this. Sell your phone and get something else.

21. pika2000 macrumors 601

I have to share your frustration, the fact that despite things being digital, we are still being essentially "region locked" with virtual walls. And I do agree switching regions everytime is annoying.

I have experienced this on both iOS and Android.
    On iTunes, it is actually quite easy to create foreign accounts, and Apple made it simple to switch store in the iTunes app itself. The annoying part is Apple only allows one region being logged in at one time. So when you switch store, it will log you out, and you have to log-in with the other account.

With Google, it's the other way around. Creating foreign Google accounts is super difficult. Even with VPN, sometimes Google can still detect your actual location. Worse, unlike Apple, Google doesn't allow you to switch regions on the fly. It's locked with your Google account's region. Now, on the bright side, once you managed to create a foreign Google account, Google does make it easy to switch to different accounts because Android allows multiple Google accounts being logged in on one device.

None of them is perfect. But to be honest, most major developers do make their apps available to most/all regions (where they can by law).

22. Mrbobb macrumors 601

U maybe huffin'buffing for nuthing. These App things could be a local regulation, licensing blah-blah. U maybe able to blame that EVERYBODY want a piece of the action blah-blah, what else is new? Just be glad u are able to bypass it at all. What u have, 500 apps on your phone?

23. ericwn macrumors 68020

Can you explain why you would have multiple IDs in the first place?

What reason does Apple give you when you asked them to change the geo that they cannot do it? I was able to switch the country of my Apple ID years ago - which leads you to lose all purchases in the previously purchased section of the iTunes Store and App Store.

24. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Aside from your venue issues, you traditionally are Against Apple through various products, which has been prevalent through your other thread history, which you’re certainly entitled to express your dismay. But I think the best decision you have made thus far is transitioning to Android. It seems rather fitting with your Apple disappointment.

25. EM2013 macrumors 68000

EM2013

Shocked you haven’t changed phones already, considering how much you’ve been complaining about the iPhone.