Iphone user with CP Cant use iPhone 4 to it's fullest?!?! What Apple?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by colem1, Jun 24, 2010.

1. colem1 macrumors member

Hey,

I sent the following email to Steve Jobs regarding reception, he needs to understand how some dont have " many other ways to hold it"

Steve,

This reception thing is a HUGE problem. Sure, maybe people can hold the phone in a different way, but the world has lefties too! Some leftys like myself have CP(Cerebral Palsy) on our right side, cannot use right hand to hold the iPhone that I want. Do you expect me to settle for a 3GS? No! I want a 4! And maybe want to show off my phone instead of putting it in a clunky case. I can use a 3GS but not the 4 without problem? I thought accessibility was a huge thing here. Guess not .

Cole.

2. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

Cole, don't you think you're being a little dramatic? I'm sorry you have CP, and doubly sorry that your illness also happens to interfere with your handling an iPhone, but seriously—is the situation so bad that you're iPhone has become useless? You can't make calls? Really?

What do you really expect to accomplish with your email?

3. silversx macrumors regular

they should just give out bumpers to everyone who bought an iphone 4.. case closed..

it costs them what like 25 cents to make it ??

4. colem1 thread starter macrumors member

Didn't say that, maybe I am somewhat dramatic, but the last time I had an issue like this was 2001. I'm just pointing out, why make it tougher on the left handers? sure they can use their right hand, but some cant use it very well, thus degrading experience. I have never had this issue with any cell phone.

5. colem1 thread starter macrumors member

You said it!

6. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

But what exactly is it you're reacting to? Are you actually having problems making or keeping calls on a 4 as opposed to a 3GS, or is it just knowing that the bar moves down what's bothering you? I mean, are you /really/ having an issue with the phone, or your head?

7. colem1 thread starter macrumors member

With the 3GS I held it comfortably, now when I'm using the 4, I hold it the same way, and my call disconnects, i take it off my ear, and see no bars.

8. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

Seems like you have some options. 3GS, a case, a headset, shift your hand a bit or deal with it.

Those might be inconvenient or less than desirable, but so is having CP, and each has consequences. I doubt Apple designed this phone to sabotage lefties and people with CP, that's just the phone and how it works.

Blind people also cannot use the phone to its fullest. I work with a man who is legally blind and he struggles a lot to read his phone, and it's a bummer.

I mean, really though—if the bumper would solve your problem, why not just /buy/ one? Or buy a cheaper knockoff that's bound to show up soon shipped right from China?

9. colem1 thread starter macrumors member

The tape method works. it made it work better, for now, ill see how it goes