Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you iPhone users still use you iPod

• Yes, I bring both where ever I go.

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • Yes, I use my iPod mostly everyday, but I use my iPhone a lot for media too.

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • Not really, I only use my iPod on long trips or vacations.

Votes: 24 25.5%
  • No, I'm planning on selling my iPod collection.

Votes: 13 13.8%
  • No, but I'm still keeping my iPods.

Votes: 28 29.8%

• Total voters

mrat93

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 30, 2006
I'm just curious to see how many new iPhone users still use their iPod.

EDIT: Poll is up.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
My 3G iPod has been playing 8-10 hours a day in my office for almost 3 years now.

I will use my nano for plane trips just to save my iPhone's battery.

Noumenon

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2007
I have close to 200 full albums on my 60gb iPod, so my iPhone can't even come close to competing. I bring both where ever i go,... the iPhone for video, etc.

Joshua8o8

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2007
Honolulu, Hawai'i
I only use my ipod when i am in my truck and im going some where thats going to require me to drive more than 20 minutes. Other than that i dont really use my ipod, its a shame i paid about $350 for that thing.

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
My 60Gig iPod has over 8,000 songs on it, but i never listen to them all. I'm surprised how well this 8Gig iPhone is working. Actually been listening to more as I have to be picky about what I take and swap out albums every so often.

Keeping my shuffle for outdoor activities. Selling my 60Gig ASAP. This was dependent on the iPhone working with my car dock connector. It works; I'm happy. :)

*BTW ... the options for the poll are limiting.
_

peace | neut

Lixivial

macrumors 6502a
Considering the iPhone does not have video out, and has space that is woefully inadequate for my media needs, yes I do.

Besides, I feel as though the on-the-go playlist creation and the handling of music is much more intuitive on the iPod. The iPhone is cool and all, but I know exactly where to press to play the next song or change the volume without even looking on the iPod. No unlock button, finger slide, etc, etc.

That said, I usually find myself using the iPod in the car more than before; I usually use the iPhone for walks, or areas outside the car. I get a little worried about extensively playing media when my phone is at about 25% battery life because I want to be able to receive calls.

iBookG4user

macrumors 604
Jun 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
Nope, I sold my iPod to help pay for the iPhone. I was planning on buying a bigger iPod after I got some money back, but my iPhone is a lot better at being an iPod, so I decided to just put that money into my camera fund instead.

question fear

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2003
The "Garden" state
I use my ipod exclusively for the gym. It's easier than the iphone because a) my gym heavily frowns upon phone use, b) my ipod takes a lickin and keeps on tickin, and c) by (b), i mean i have a tendency to swing my arms on the treadmill and have sent my ipod flying more than once.

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
i wasn't using my ipod (5g) even before i got the iphone. i sold my shuffle, but i was using it up until i sold it. i didn't want to have too many ipods. :eek:

p0intblank

macrumors 68030
Sep 20, 2005
New Jersey
I rarely use my iPhone for its iPod functionality. I'm sure I will eventually, but for now my iPod 5G is working just fine. And plus, the iPod is easier to handle than the iPhone. I don't have to be as careful all the time.

Okiewan

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2007
Last edited:

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
I rarely use my iPhone for its iPod functionality. I'm sure I will eventually, but for now my iPod 5G is working just fine. And plus, the iPod is easier to handle than the iPhone. I don't have to be as careful all the time.

Hmm, may want to change your thinking there. The iPhone is more durable than the 5G. Solid state memory and scratch resistant glass VS fragile hard drive and scratch prone plastic ... i would think the more durable would be obvious. :p
_

peace | neut

ecks618

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2006
NYC
Gave my brother my 30 gig to my brother when I bought the iPhone.

Needed something for the gym, so I recently bought myself a shuffle. I am happy with having a iPhone and shuffle combo..

drater

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2005
The bowels of CT
sold mine to a friend...never listened to that much music at a time, and if I wanted an iPod, I'd have one bigger than 30gb cause my library is over 60gb now. :)

Lancetx

macrumors 68000
Aug 11, 2003
I had 3 iPods, but my iPhone has replaced 2 of them. I kept and still use my shuffle while exercising, but I've already sold both my nano and my 5G iPod after getting the iPhone.

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
Yep! I use my iPod Nano at the gym, the Video iPod for the games I can't play on the iPhone and the same things I did with it before I got my iPhone. Listening to music is probably the "least used" feature on my iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.