Iphone users in Iowa

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jenseman, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Jenseman macrumors newbie

My son just arrived in Iowa from Denmark and brought along his new Iphone 3G. We need to get him a local carrier, but he has been toold that AT&T has poor coverage in Iowa, so he will not be able to use his Iphone with a local carrier. Can this really be true? There must be other Iphone users in Iowa, and I wonder which carriers they use?

Jenseman, Denmark

2. TROY7 macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone 3G and while the service isn't exceptional here, it's pretty good. I've only had trouble in basements and movie theaters. That's it.

ATT is known not to have the best coverage here in Iowa, but it's certainly good enough to get by with.

I would have to say that US Cellular has the best coverage here by far.

3. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Where is he at in Iowa? If anything, I can assume college, which would mean Ames, Iowa City, or Des Moines. Des Moines should be getting some 3G coverage by the end of the year (and Ames might as well, since it isn't that far from there). Not sure about Iowa City.

If he's in Council Bluffs, he'll get decent service from the coverage Omaha has. Council Bluffs is included in the 3G rollout happening there later this year.

BL.