iPhone users who go naked, have you gotten a scratch yet?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SydneyJunkie, Aug 19, 2010.

1. SydneyJunkie macrumors regular

I did today, it was kind of a relief, fell in the car and got a hairline scratch about 1/4 of an inch near the bottom speaker

The pressures off, feels good man

2. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

I go naked. That's because I like it like that and no bulk. I have a small hair line on the back but no biggie.

3. ghayenga macrumors regular

Nope.

4. Shasta McNasty macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

Nope, and if you did a simple search, you would see tons of threads on this subject. This is starting to get asked weekly now.

5. Block macrumors 6502a

Block

Most of the people who don't use protectors probably do have scratches but are not meticulous enough to notice them or just don't care.

6. djgulia macrumors 6502

Took me about a month to get a small one in the middle of the screen. Not really noticeable unless you hold it at a certain angle. I've been sporting a bumper the past couple of weeks so I finally put screen protectors on the front and back.

7. jasonforisrael macrumors regular

my iphone came out of the box with several VERY light scratches on the back glass.

only visible in the right light at the correct angle...but i'm not going to take it back because i'm about to throw it in a case anyway, and it's impossible to find another iphone around here.

8. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

I guess there are some extremely light scratches that I've only been able to notice under direct sun. They've all been on the front though, haven't spotted any on the back. I'm thinking of adding a screen protector for the front only though.

9. AshStorm macrumors member

Buck naked and buck wild here.

The back is a little scuffed up but the front is flawless. I'm fairly brutal with my toys so I'm happy with it.

10. ohaithar macrumors 6502a

ohaithar

Yup, i honestly don't care if my iphone get's a scratch or two

11. n00basaur macrumors regular

12. zub3qin macrumors 65816

zub3qin

no scratches. Just keep your keys in a different pocket.
    My free apple bumper is still in its case.

13. slicecom macrumors 68020

No scratches that I've noticed at all, and I noticed a ton on my naked 3G. I hope I'm never one of the people who meticulously inspect their phone for scratches.

14. iPhoneDan macrumors newbie

im goin commando, only got one little hair line directly under the apple logo.
    heres the wierd part, the scratch couldnt be any straighter, so it kinda looks like it should be there

15. IndianGuy macrumors regular

IndianGuy

I go with clear case (incase) - which is closest to being commando with protection of case - I need this case because otherwise I am always worried about putting my phone on any surface

this (or any) clear case is best - it doesn't block any of iphone 4 beauty :)

16. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

I haven't bothered with a case since I got my first iPhone in the far-off days of yore (2007), and I'm still rocking a naked iPhone. There's a few faint hairline scratches on the back, and nothing on the front. I don't really mind them all that much - it doesn't affect the functionality of the phone one dolt, and should they ever get to be an eyesore, one can always just get a new back.

Besides, hopefully we all have something we care about more deeply than the back of our cell phones :)

17. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

I'm leaving the back of mine naked. First time on any of my phones. We'll see how it comes out!

18. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

19. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

I have none and all I use is the bumper. I don't really care either way as long as I don't get any major ones, I will have a new iPhone in another 10 months.

20. rans0m00 macrumors 6502

Small scratches nothing noticeable unless you look for them.

21. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

22. cocky jeremy macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

Naked. Got mine 8/5, and not a scratch. I keep my phone in a pouch type case while at work, but naked otherwise. :)

23. Ryan1524 macrumors 65816

Ryan1524

24. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

booyah

I'm using an SGP oleophobic mostly because its a lot easier to wipe off the fingerprints compared to the regular glass screen

on my 3g and 3gs I was completely naked mostly because the fingerprints really didn't bother me as much as they do on the iphone 4