Iphone value drop

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bs2511feist, Oct 15, 2011.

1. bs2511feist, Oct 15, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2011

bs2511feist macrumors member

I recently bought an iphone 4 32Gb Black to re-sell and make a lot of money. Now that the iphone 4S came out, should i expect to have less buyer interest? Also Should I expect it to be worth less money?

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Wait... the iPhone 5 came out?
    Damn... and I bought a 4S :(

3. bs2511feist thread starter macrumors member

Sorry not iphone 5, i meant iphone 4S came out.

4. xwinger macrumors member

How could you expect to make money if a newer phone just came out?

Check eBay prices instead of asking people that dont know

5. tariqi macrumors newbie

You can still sell the 4 for a large amount. Especially if you can jailbreak/unlock it. I sold my 4 last week for $450 with a gevey sim.

6. bassett700 macrumors member

bassett700

Yes to question #1. But that does not mean the interest will disappear or be inadequate. One Verizon Iphone 4 I was tracking on Ebay yesterday had 50 or so people view the auction (based on the counter at the bottom) within the first 3 hours. Maybe 2 months ago it would have gotten 100 views in that time. What did it matter? Still sold through Buy It Now the same day. In terms of price, last month you could nab a 32GB Verizon easily for $340 to $360 (clean ESN, not damaged, etc.). I've seen a drop this week of about $30 or so. Not a scientific analysis but a general sense from my visits to Ebay.

P.S. Substitute "Iphone" for "car" in the questions you asked. "I recently bought a 2011 Lexus to re-sell and make a lot of money. Now that the 2012 model came out, should i expect to have less buyer interest? Also Should I expect it to be worth less money?"

7. gillybean macrumors 6502a

Your 2011 Lexus is now worthless. I'll offer you a $20 iTunes card for it. :)

8. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

I love the OPs use of random bold words. It really adds value to this post and makes me envious.