iphone verizon help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iheartu, Jul 29, 2011.

1. iheartu macrumors newbie

I gave a quick search and could not find the answer. Im going to buy a used Iphone and I was wondering if I would have to reregister it with itunes or can I dial *228? I know to make sure Esn and everything is good before I pull the plug

2. lifeguard macrumors 6502

lifeguard

You will have to dial *228 to put it onto your account then iTunes to load your settings

3. iheartu thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok. I should of been more specific. Its a trade and he is currently using it. So if we met up and he registered my droid would I be able to hit *228 on his and make it my number? Then do itunes after?

4. lifeguard macrumors 6502

lifeguard

Yea you should dial*228 then 1 to program your phone. There should be an option to enter your phone number, of course a call to verizon to check the esn and add the phone would just be easier

5. iF34R macrumors 6502a

iF34R

I would definitely check the ESN with Verizon prior to trading or buying any phone second hand.

6. iheartu thread starter macrumors newbie

Ya the Esn is clean I called it in and ill also check to make sure it is what he gave me. I just wanted to make sure we can both activate each others phones in person to know they are both legit

7. iheartu thread starter macrumors newbie

Also is it even possible to have a bad Esn if that's the phone you are using?