iphone verizon LTE

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Typeriz, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Typeriz, Nov 8, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2010

Typeriz macrumors newbie

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    My friend who works at Verizon isn't sure he believes you.:rolleyes:

3. kuctonkucton201 macrumors member

I'm not sure for that neither.

4. Typeriz, Nov 8, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2010

Typeriz thread starter macrumors newbie

5. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

6. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Yawns at the same ol' inside scoop that never seems to come true. :rolleyes:

7. jwiggs23 macrumors member

I would love for this to be true with me being on Verizon waiting for the iPhone. Just the other day my older brother was giving me a hard time about the Droid Incredible HD being LTE and how I would be waiting a long time for a LTE iPhone. Would love nothing more to shove this back in his face haha. But will still take this with a big grain of salt like always.

8. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

It's not so much that we don't believe you, I totally believe that your freind could have told you this. And perhaps your friend received some news that made him believe it was true.

But A) there is no way that staff would be trained this early for a January release and B) there is no way that they will even hint to the staff that an iPhone is coming until it has been officially announced. Sales staff and management know squat. And what they think they know is probably a bad assumption.

I can't count a single instance where a leak of this nature has come from retail staff/management.

9. Typeriz thread starter macrumors newbie

she's actually doing the marketing campaign and is going to be the one of the faces of marketing lte... so she is not staff of retail stores...:cool:

p.s. i dunt like stirring rumors, just passing info that i heard thats it... me im still personally going by the approach of until steve jobs announces it i wont believe it till i see it...

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yeah ok:D
    If I had a penny each time someone posted "inside" info like that I'd be ok...

11. Kestrel452 macrumors regular

nah mang, this dude speaks the truth. I already have a verizon iphone to prove it. heres a pic. ;)

[​IMG]

12. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

^ that LTE phone looks hawt!

To the OP, I can't imagine you being friends with someone in marketing. Your writing tells me you're very young and possibly your approach is to start something, remove it from your posts, and somehow feel as though you've created quite the stir. :cool:

Verizon gets the iPhone June 2011, my mailman told me he's been sending out flyers all year.

13. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Yeah, this is the problem.....none of these inside info posts ever turn out to be true.

14. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Thats why Im still broke:D

15. Typeriz thread starter macrumors newbie

According to a couple of recently emerged reports, Apple is in talks with LG Uplus of Korea to ship a CDMA-capable iPhone in the territory, while Verizon may be on track to finally support a 4G (LTE) version of the handset.

The Korea Herald reports that LG Uplus Corp. said it was in talks with Apple to offer the CDMA iPhone in the domestic market. LG Uplus is known to be the smallest wireless operator in the country.

Reportedly, the carrier is “negotiating about a change to the electronic circuits to make CDMA iPhones for the company,” according to the Korean paper which quotes senior vice president Choi Joo-sick.

The report goes to say that the confirmation was made during a conference call, now available on the LG Uplus official website.

It adds that the wireless services provider accounts for 17.9 percent of Korea’s wireless market, while its bigger rival, SK Telecom Co., holds a substantial 50.7 percent. KT Corp., the actual distributor of Apple’s iPhone in the territory, accounts for 31.4 percent, The Korea Herald notes, citing government data.

A separate report by todaysiphone.com claims that Apple’s iPhone is also going to support the LTE networking standard, also known as 4G, through Verizon.

The site posts a picture of an Apple iPhone 4 displaying Verizon as the carrier, and “LTE” as the chosen networking protocol in the top left corner of the screen.

While the image does seem to be legit (as in, not photoshopped), readers have suggested that the handset could be a jailbroken one, therefore the top banner text could easily be changed with apps like MakeItMine.

Also noteworthy is that the frame of the device appears to be dark colored, although it may just be the result of bad lighting.

The source reports that it asked the tipster where the photo came from, but couldn’t get a straight answer.

The tipster did mention, however, that the MacBook in the background belongs to a Verizon engineer in the Pacific Northwest region, and that the respective iPhone was running iOS 4.2 at the time the picture was taken.

16. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

You'd think a story such as this would be on the front of todaysiphone.com....it's not. :confused:

17. alent1234 macrumors 603

last week the ITU said that it does not consider Verizon's LTE 4G

18. gouda272 macrumors regular

i was in AT&T retail store a few minutes ago. I was asking the rep some questions about "4G" he said they are testing it in a few markets and that the 3GS and 4 are getting 14meg speeds and in Chicago up to 24 meg speeds. I found that interesting as I was not aware that the chip in those phones could reach speeds of that magnitude. Mind you this was an AT&T rep, but for what its worth thats what he said.

19. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

You're right, it can't. He's probably referring to HSPA+...which is not supported by those phones. Also, ITU has ruled....LTE isn't actually 4G either.

OH, and that's not just "Verizon's LTE"...it's all first gen LTE. Only LTE-Advanced will be considered 4G.