iPhone + Verizon

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by deputy_doofy, Feb 3, 2011.

?

What's your plan now that the iPhone is on Verizon?

1. Using iPhone 2/3G(s)/4 on AT&T and switching to iPhone 4 on Verizon

4 vote(s)
    6.6%
  2. Staying with iPhone on AT&T

37 vote(s)
    60.7%
  3. Using any Android phone (on AT&T or Verizon) and switching to iPhone 4 (on Verizon)

17 vote(s)
    27.9%
  4. Sticking with Android

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. "What's a smart phone? I use a land line phone, with a lovely, bunched-up cord."

3 vote(s)
    4.9%
  1. deputy_doofy macrumors 65816

deputy_doofy

I know MR is not a real sample of "smart phone" users, but I'm curious how many people are doing the following.

- Using iPhone 2/3G(s)/4 on AT&T and switching to iPhone 4 on Verizon
    - Staying with iPhone on AT&T
    - Using any Android phone (on AT&T or Verizon) and switching to iPhone 4 (on Verizon)
    - Sticking with Android
    - "What's a smart phone? I use a land line phone, with a lovely, bunched-up cord."

2. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Not to be a jerk, but aren't there several polls like this already?

3. deputy_doofy thread starter macrumors 65816

deputy_doofy

Yes, I should have checked first, and should have assumed numerous polls for this already. I don't take offense.

However, the other polls pointed out by edk99 don't specifically address Android users. I guess I'm curious not only in how many people migrate to Verizon, but if the iPhone on Verizon is enough to create some switchers from Android (regardless of carrier) to (iPhone on) Verizon.

4. deputy_doofy thread starter macrumors 65816

deputy_doofy

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

6. Clete2 macrumors 65816

Clete2

I am staying with AT&T. I have been a long-time customer, I am on a FAN account, and I intend to stay with them so long as I don't have any issues in the future. Service is great where I live and the network is not over-congested.

7. shelbymayer macrumors regular

I also have awesome service with AT&T and a grandfathered unlimited plan...no reason for me to switch anytime soon! :)

8. elan123 macrumors 6502

Dont sweat it... people are so picky these days.

9. elhungarian macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (BlackBerry; Opera Mini/5.1.21052/23.334; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

No option for non android or ifone useres switching

10. Jay42 macrumors 65816

Jay42

I don't fit into any of these categories.

Don't currently have android, I've been waiting for the VZ iPhone, but I'm now inclined to wait for the iP5.

11. chadam macrumors member

chadam

Why dump an ATT iP4 for a VZW iP4~it is like taking a step back in terms of functionality and pure speed..Waste of Money, Wait for the next innovation if you under contract. It is going to be interesting to see how many people will piss on VZW when they try to check stock prices and talk on the phone at the same time or look at the weather ap and talk on the phone ect...ect...

12. deputy_doofy thread starter macrumors 65816

deputy_doofy

I appreciate the feedback. I was just curious to see if some Android users were simply settling, since the iPhone wasn't available on their network of choice. Seems that the answer is yes, to a degree. I'm in the camp of not leaving AT&T. I don't have many problems and I can appreciate the simultaneous voice and data, especially when I need to be talking on the phone and using GPS.