iphone version from at&t

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by roro5pm, Apr 6, 2009.

1. roro5pm macrumors newbie

hey guys, just wanted to know before i buy my 3g iphone what version firmware i can expect to receive from at&t. i'm more concern whether or not it will come with 2.2.1 and i can't downgrade the baseband if i decide to use it on another carrier down the road. thanks.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Since it came out forever ago, at this point it will be 2.2.1.

3. Demosthenes427 macrumors regular

If you want to use it with another carrier down the road, simply jailbreak it. People have succeeded with a jailbroken iPhone on T-Mobile, Vodafone, and other carriers.

As for AT&T, you can expect the specific iPhone unlimited data plan, as well as the option of Visual Voicemail.

If you bought the iPhone 3G now, it will come with 2.2.1. If you buy it when the new OS and phones come out, it may or may not have 3.0 instead of 2.2.1, but you can downgrade to 2.2.1 from 3.0 if necessary.

4. roro5pm thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the response guys, so since it will come with 2.2.1....will that baseband (after jailbreak unlock etc.) work if i do decide to use it with tmobile for example? sorry i'm a newb.

5. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

2.2.1+ has a non-unlockable baseband thus far. Can't unlock it, only use a turbo sim.

You can jailbreak however.