iPhone very hot near earpiece

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Love, May 8, 2009.

1. Love macrumors 68000

Love

I have a white 14.68GB iPhone. I was charging it last night. I was watching a movie while charging it. While doing this, I noticed the area from about first row of applications on the home screen to about a few centimetres over the earpiece to be VERY hot. It was hot enough that you could probably only leave your finger there for 10 seconds before having to take it off. i'm watching videos on my iPhone now, not plugged in, and that area is definitely warm, but not very hot. I had the phone plugged in to the wall charger. Should I call Apple about this or is this normal? This is my fifth iPhone and I don't want to replace this again. None of my other iPhones seemed to do this.

2. John T macrumors 68020

John T

Sounds like the battery was getting overloaded. Personally, I'd have thought it not a good idea to drain the battery (by watching video) and, at the same time, try to charge it. Surely, best to do one job at a time?

3. Love thread starter macrumors 68000

Love

I don't know about that. I've done that plenty of times (on planes, etc.) and it's never been an issue on my 8GB black phones.