iPhone VERY Personal - PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by BONVLAH, Jul 14, 2012.

1. BONVLAH macrumors newbie

Please help me - I am running out of hope and this breaks my heart.

My iPhone is stuck in recovery mode. Let me start by saying I am not a computer savvy person, nor have I synced my phone to my computer, have it backed it up, or have iCloud for that matter. (Trust me I realize my mistake)

This is personal request I am asking anyone who has any knowledge that could help me - PLEASE!

My father recently passed away and on my phone is a birthday voicemail and text messages he sent me. I would do anything to get these back as they are irreplaceable and sentimental to me.

It started when I plugged my phone in for an update. I have not updated my phone in quite sometime, and everyone says it is pretty basic to do. I start the update and when i come back an hour later my phone only shows the itunes symbol and usb cord on the screen. With that, the only option it now gives me is to restore the phone, which would erase everything and put the phone back to factory settings. I have tried the tinyumbrella, redsn0w, and recBoot. Nothing has worked. I have called Apple, spoken with Genius Bar, and Apple contacted AT&T to try and recover just the voicemail. They all concur that once the phone is in recovery mode there really isn't anything to do other then restore it. I have been frantically researching the internet for some sort of hope. Now I am asking ANYONE please - I will do anything. Can Pay you for your services. I have heard that there are recovery sticks that are often used in court to retreive deleted texts and voicemails. I would be willing to buy one of these, however I do not know if it would work with the phone in recovery mode? If anyone has any ideas, suggestions, anything - I am willing to do whatever.
    PLEASE help me.

2. netdoc66 macrumors regular

netdoc66

3. adnbek macrumors 65816

adnbek

Was your phone jailbroken? If so, have you tried using iPhone explorer to simply browse into the file system and get the data out?

4. Ravenair macrumors newbie

stuck in recovery mode, I had that happen to me once, all I had to do was to let the battery die all the way out and then recharge, after that, just turn it back on, not sure if it would work for you, but what the hell give it a try

5. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Hi,

I would go with the tiny umbrella software first.

Do a little homework on how it fully works first.

Hope you get the results your after.

I know how you feel as i lost the very last voicemail my mum left me while she was abroad on holiday, and sadly passed whilst there. :(
    Good luck.