Iphone vibrates continuously

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by floho, May 7, 2008.

1. floho macrumors newbie

I bought this Iphone but when I turn the phone on, the phone vibrates and it won't stop. According to the seller, the only problem with the phone was the wifi - not connecting.

I am fresh to an Iphone but not to smartphones. Is there any way I can reset the phone? I did run an Itunes diagnostic but it gave me an error and the link wasn't too detail.

Thanks

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

You can restore the iPhone by plugging it into a Mac or PC running the current version of iTunes. Once you plug it in, the iTunes screen will show summary info about your iPhone, including an option to restore it to the latest firmware.

If that doesn't resolve the problem, there may be a hardware issue with it, though, and you may need to talk to Apple....

3. liman23 macrumors newbie

solution to vibrating bug

After your iphone 4 becomes drained and the vibrating stops, plug your usb cable into your iphone. Wait at least 3 minutes. It will look like the iphone isn't even charging, but keep it plugged into your computer.

Now that it has been plugged into the usb cable for several minutes, follow normal procedure to reboot iphone. pop! your iphone is back, recognized, and charging.

I have several ideas why this ocurred besides a defective component in the iphone. working on it...

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

eBay it as a vibrator. Include a free tube of lube. I bet is gets bought quickly.