iPhone vibrates whenever I sent an email [Google Apps]

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by saschke, Jun 17, 2011.

1. saschke macrumors 6502

Hey guys,

whenever I sent an email from the mail app on iPhone4 through my Google Sync'ed account (Google Apps Exchange + custom domain) I get a vibrate from the device. The status bar at the bottom says "Syncing" or something like that for a split second (my phone is set to German so I don't know the exact same wording in english). The just sent email is not unread though just the vibration is driving me nuts :eek::rolleyes:

I've turned of all filters in the Gmail web interface if that might be of any help. Additionally, I've set "Not show in IMAP" for the "All Mail" folder. Any clues? :confused:

Thanks
    Sascha

Always include:

Device: iPhone4
    Carrier: Telekom-DE
    Country / Language: German
    OS / Browser / build number (if applicable): iOS 4.3.3

2. patp Guest

settings
    sounds
    turn sent mail off
    turn vibrate off

3. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

Well if it ONLY happens when sending via gmail account, and not any other account, I'm going to say it has to do with your account settings in google/gmail.
    Your phone should vibrate when you receive mail. So maybe you've got gmail to auto CC yourself on all outgoing/sent mail. Thus when you send one, you're getting a copy yourself.
    Look into your gmail settings for sending mail.

4. saschke thread starter macrumors 6502

There is no dedicated "Turn Vibration off" option for "Email Sent" and I don't want to turn off vibration globally. It seems to be a google apps or gmail related problem as I don't experience this vibration when sending mail out over MobileMe. :eek:

5. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

Are you using the main mail app or another app you downloaded (google, google voice, etc.)?