iPhone video formatting - What do the video specs need to be to work on the iphone???

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by nimda0, Oct 10, 2008.

1. nimda0 macrumors 6502

nimda0

I've got an iphone 3g 16gb... and some of my videos won't transfer onto it.

They are all the correct file format and extension, and all play fine on my computer.

However, when I sync them in itunes with the iphone there are a few specific movies that won't go onto the phone. It's weird!

Any suggestions?

Are there file size limits, file length limitations, anything?

2. nimda0 thread starter macrumors 6502

nimda0

Anybody??????????

By the way, I tried "converting video" in itunes, but that takes FOREVER...... anyone have a download link for a program that is FREE and will do iphone video converting?

3. Sojourn macrumors member

I'm not sure about your transferring problems (you'll have to be more specific about your settings), but in terms of free conversion programs, I use iSquint (iPod at "Go Nuts" tends to look pretty good, and takes up a lot less space than the settings for TV) for existing videos, and Handbrake for ripping DVDs. MPEG StreamClip is a good program if you want to export sections of a pre-existing video -- I usually convert in iSquint, then open in MPEG StreamClip, set my In and Out points, and then Save As.

Hope this helps!

Take care,
    Sojourn

4. forum user macrumors regular

Handbrake

It's even comes with some presets for iPod/iPhone from which you can choose

5. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

search :p

6. nimda0 thread starter macrumors 6502

nimda0

So, you still didn't answer the question... what are the length limitations? Video size and video file size are 2 different things also. Read.

7. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

there are no file size limitations

there are only

a) resolution limitations

b) bitrate limitations