iPhone video recording with screen off

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Shmuco, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Shmuco macrumors member

I do alot of video recording on my 3GS. I was wondering if there is a Way of recording whilst the screen is off, as this will save alot of battery.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

There is no way to record video or take pictures with the screen off.

3. uluvtheld05 macrumors newbie

Well that was a half assed response.

What you can do is , if you have Cydia, you can get a dimmer that completely turns off the screen to black ( set the backlight to fade to black after 5-10 seconds of inactivity, so you can at least have a few seconds to set up the video how you like it...and absolutely make sure you have the "autolock" set to never...you dont want to be literally tapping the screen in the dark...maybe this is why Itunes might not have a total blackened dimmer app).

Not sure if there is an Itunes app that has a dimmer that sets it to black, but you can at the very least dim the light to the lowest setting to at least save as much battery life.

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Your response isn't what the OP asked for either. Your solution has the screen still being on, just all black. Black is not off. At the time this thread was created it was not possible. There was a tweak in Cydia that could do it. But I don' think it works on iOS 5.