iPhone VideoRecorder 3g - Not working with 2.1?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by meagain, Sep 14, 2008.

1. meagain macrumors 68030

I can't get this to work anymore. Others I've queried on other forums report the same. Starts to load then crashes.

Anyone successfully using this app on 2.1? Or anyone know how to fix it? Thanks. (perhaps it's simply not updated to work with 2.1? I see no mention of it on the developers site.)

2. The General macrumors 601

Cycorder is free, has real time compression and the videos it creates are higher quality. So I would ask you this question: who cares of it doesn't work on 2.1?

3. meagain thread starter macrumors 68030

I see no way to email, etc. any video taken with Cycorder. I realize I could ssh into the phone to retrieve them, but frankly that's a huge PITA.

4. The General macrumors 601

That feature will be added soon as noted in the future features list. But, to answer your original question, the only one who can fix this problem of iPhone Video Recorder not working on 2.1 is the developer of iPhone Video Recorder.

5. meagain thread starter macrumors 68030

I'm gleaning that now. Doesn't work for anyone, most likely. Thank you.

6. Metronome macrumors newbie

Does Cycorder work in 2.1 for you? The upgrade broke it for me. As soon as I hit record it crashes, leaving its icon saying Rec on the Springboard, but without recording. Did the obvious like reinstalling etc. I even donated some money to Jay, but it hasn't helped so far :)

7. meagain thread starter macrumors 68030

My Cycorder works fine on 2.1.

I'll be a great day when it vids can be easily emailed.

8. Metronome macrumors newbie

I had the same problem. I got it working again by initializing the iPhone, restoring to 2.1, rejailbreaking using PwnageTool 2.1 (not Quickpwn) and reinstalling Cycorder. Not exactly fun, but effective.

9. TheConfuzed1 macrumors 6502a

I've never had any trouble with Cycorder. I had the trial version of Video Recorder, but as soon as Cycorder had the sound put into it, I deleted Video Recorder, and I haven't looked back. :)

10. rudarel macrumors newbie

Videorecorder By Dreamchecker

Sorry to say I bought this videorecorder by dream checker because it does not work on 3g 2.1 but the idiots are not warning people or saying this on their web site and there is no refund. Also don’t bother emailing tech support about this you will never get a reply. I phone Videorecorder is a bucket of **** comparing with cycorder, a big trap by dream checking team which as their name implies are only dreaming of having a videorecorder for 3g 2.1 and if you can get it working on an older iphone you better have some huge halogen projector light behind you or the picture quality is very poor and you got to wait forever for the encoding.

11. jibern macrumors newbie

iphone videorecorder dreamchecker scam with 3g

IT IS a SCAM they say clearly it works with 3G and it doesn't
    they took my Jackson. Thieves!!!!!!