iPhone visual voicemail with Net10 Wireless?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by 100indecisions, Nov 10, 2013.

1. 100indecisions macrumors newbie

I don't have many carrier options where I live, and I recently switched to Net10 from AT&T because it's saving me $35 a month. CS is not great, as my research indicated, and actually switching was a pain because the site's instructions for changing iPhone APN settings aren't very good, but I did eventually get that fixed; I also managed to set it up so I can use MMS even though supposedly Net10 doesn't support that feature.

At this point, the only thing I'm really missing is visual voicemail, an iPhone feature I really loved. Does anyone know if there's any possible way to enable that with Net10? I'm not even going to bother asking Net10 because others have done that on the forums and the only response is "we don't support that feature," but that's what they said about MMS and it actually is possible, if a little tricky. So I'm hoping maybe there's a way to get visual voicemail with Net10 too (although I'm not too hopeful, because my Google-fu is failing me here too).

I use an iPhone 3GS, currently on iOS 6.1.3.

2. lolkthxbai macrumors 65816

lolkthxbai

I too would love to know how to activate Visual Voicemail on my iPhone 5. I'm also with Net10. I'm on iOS 7.0.4. I know T-Mobile pushed out a carrier update to activate LTE and Visual Voicemail for iPhone 5. Is this something we can do too for Net10?

3. 100indecisions thread starter macrumors newbie

As far as I can tell, there's not. I posted this same thing on a few other relevant forums and mostly didn't get any answers; one person suggested Youmail, but that only works if your carrier supports it (Net10 doesn't, for the same reason they don't support Visual Voicemail), and someone else suggested Google Voice, which I haven't tried but I suspect it's going to be a similar situation. Oh, and on another forum I actually had a Net10 representative PM me in response to my post to say that sorry, Net10 doesn't support Visual Voicemail, so...they don't exactly win on reading comprehension either.

Jailbreaking is another option, I'm pretty sure, although I've never done that, and for obvious reasons I'm not wildly enthusiastic about the idea.

4. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

5. 100indecisions thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I tried that, and I couldn't get it to work--apparently it only works if your carrier supports it, which Net10 doesn't. Except...I just now found this post so maybe it does work after all? I mean it should, I'm pretty sure StraightTalk and Net10 are virtually identical since they're both under Tracfone.