iPhone vnc app

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Embed, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Embed macrumors member

Embed

Hi there,

Can anyone recommend a good vnc application that will work with ultravnc's server?
    I have quite a few machine to maintain and they all have ultravnc's installed.
    The app needs to be able to run over 3G aswell.
    Price is no problem.

Any suggestion would be great,
    Thanks

Em

2. sim667 macrumors 65816

I use mocha VNC on both iPad and iPhone to connect to my mac through both a local network and a VPN over 3G. Both work fine, 3G is slow, but usable.

As far as it working with an ultraVNC server, I dont see why not, a VNC is a VNC, I just use the built in apple one and it works fine.

If you want to be able to use the WOL feature I think it will only work on ethernet.

Hope that helps

3. Embed thread starter macrumors member

Embed

Thanks for the reply :)

I should specify that all the systems are windows machines.
    Iv been looking at iTeleport but at £15 its quite dear, any others that are just as good and do ultravnc support natively?

Thanks!

4. Fedorov macrumors 6502

I've only ever used iTeleport, it's worth the money if you need to do this on a regular basis.

5. LaZyFLiP macrumors regular

I'd also recommend iTeleport. It's my main go to app for VNC because of it's simple/clean interface.

The only other app I could recommend is Jump Desktop, which includes both VNC & RDP capabilities. The interface is also simple/clean but I find the mouse movements on iTeleport much more to my liking.