iPhone Vodafone Sim Card help.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rasal, Jul 7, 2008.

1. rasal macrumors newbie

Hi

I recently got my hands on an iPhone, cant be sure where from in all honesty, my dad jus got it from one of his mates.

Anyhow, i restored it to the 1.1.4 firmware and used the iLiberty to jailbreak, activate and install installer. And used one of the iClarified tools to unlcok the phone specific to that firmare and then 3.9 bootloader thingy.

So far i have tried an orange and o2 sim, both show as no service, but with my Vodafone sim i can send and recieve texts and calls.

I Saw a similar topic on the forum which said the phone might be blacklisted but that person was unable to make calls on his/her vodafone sim.

I was wodnering if anyone can say for definate whether the phone is blacklsited or if there is a way to get around this problem?

Im in the UK btw if that makes any difference.

Thanks

2. Ninja Dom macrumors 6502

Ninja Dom

Go into a Vodafone store and ask them to check their IMEI Blacklist. It can only be done in store. Give them the IMEI and wait for the results.

If the phone is on the blacklist then Vodafone WON'T be able to take the phone off the blacklist. Vodafone can only request phones that they put on the blacklist to be removed - not phones from other networks.

Let me know how you get on.