iPhone Voice navigation....GPS app

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by backinblack875, Oct 16, 2011.

1. backinblack875 macrumors 6502a

backinblack875

Whats the best iPhone app for voice navigation gps app.... i love apples standard maps app, but would like voice navigation, also where the map follows your location like a car gps, not just zoomed out

2. Jeremy81 macrumors 6502

I use MotionX GPS Drive. It has 3D maps and Voice Guidance. You have to pay either 2.99 a month or 19.99 a year for the voice guidance. Mapquest is available for free but doesn't have 3D maps.

3. takeshi74 macrumors 601

"Best" is always highly subjective, regardless of topic, and it really doesn't mean much of anything unless you can qualify exactly what you mean when you use the word. TomTom and Navigon are two commonly suggested apps but it's impossible to give you meaningful suggestions without more information on your specific criteria and requirements. Your best bet is to read up and take some for a spin for yourself unless you can provide more info.

4. ron808 macrumors regular

ron808

When does Tomtom normally go on sale?

And what is the lowest price that they have done?

5. jasko macrumors 6502

jasko

I'm currently trying the app called "Waze". It's ok - GPS w/voice navigation and it's free.

6. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

A lot of the navigation apps have the same features. Tom Tom and Navigon are the most well known. I use Navigon and have no complaints. It does a very good job of keeping up with my location and if I get off course it's fast to redirect you back to your chosen path. I bought Navigon USA when it went on sale for $25 which is the lowest it's ever been. If you create an appshopper account you can add apps to your wish list and be notified when they drop in price.