iPhone Voicemail Issue?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Geffen, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Geffen macrumors 6502

When I go to voicemail i'm getting a message that says voicemail unavailable and unable to initiate connection also when my iphone rings it doesn't connect over to voicemail anyone know if there there is an outage?

2. Jebaloo macrumors 6502

I had a problem yesterday.

my dad had left me a message and I got the red icon over the phone saying that there was a message, and you could see the message in the voicemail bit.

Clicking on it would just make the wheel spin for ages, and no play button would come up at all.

I ended up just deleting it and ringing my dad to see what it was about.

It hasn't happened before or since, but it was quite annoying.

3. thepandamancan macrumors member

thepandamancan

did you have connection to the EDGE network? The problem with visual voicemail is it only checks voicemail and downloads messages through EDGE.

4. shrewsburywolf macrumors regular

shrewsburywolf

I don't think it does, I get my voicemail at home where I never have edge, plus this will mean that 70% of the country will not be able to access visual voicemail:confused:

5. MarkW19 macrumors 65816

Visual Voicemail doesn't require EDGE. I've been using visual voicemail quite a bit over the last couple of weeks, and have yet to see an EDGE connection (sadly).

It requires a cell connection, EITHER GPRS *OR* EDGE.

My VV has gone down a few times though, when out of cell range, which is a bit annoying as I get a red dot as if I've got a voicemail, and it's only saying that it's "currently unavailable". It soon comes back on though.