iPhone voted best gadget - and the worst goes to...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tiscaliali, Mar 30, 2009.

1. tiscaliali macrumors newbie

Fantastic!!

Attached Files:

2. Apple iKid macrumors regular

BAM! :cool:

(The iPhone is epic. Definitely deserved to win.)

3. tiscaliali thread starter macrumors newbie

I know nothing of the Zune - is it really that bad?!

4. mlemonds macrumors 6502a

mlemonds

i like the editors choice of worst gadget of the year..

Blackberry storm.

I dont think it is a BAD device, but it did not live up to the hype that surrounded it. I thought blackberry would have come out with a better device.

this attitude is not helping them:

http://www.engadget.com/2009/01/26/rim-ceo-buggy-smartphone-software-is-the-new-reality/

not that the iphone has any fewer bugs, i dont know how many more times i can upgrade to make safari feel snappier

5. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

According to whom? Link please!

6. slapppy macrumors 65816

7. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

Nah. I think people are just disappointed that it's not an iPod MURDERER, more than anything.

8. juswest macrumors regular

Zune's are cool.My brother had one. I just prefer the clickwheel on my ipod.

9. The Governor macrumors regular

Best cell phone of the year.....lg Vu? All of the other ones seem legit and deserving except for that one.

iphone 3g with 2 awards. Nice.

EDIT: the lg Vu was voted by viewers, the instinct was voted as best cell phone by the editors....that makes more sense.

10. randomusername macrumors 6502

Boooo...The voters were mostly Apple fanboys. I agree with the iPhone winning best gadget, but not best smartphone (that should've went to the G1 and Android). But Zune 3.0 getting worst gadget? How does that make sense? The only thing people don't like about it is the fact that it's a Microsoft product. Sure, it's ugly and not very compatible but so are many other products (and many are worse that the Zune). I think that the Blackberry Storm deserved "worst gadget".

11. FearNo1 macrumors 6502a

True but M$ really needs to open up zune and make it more internet friendly like the touch. Some of the things M$ do make no sense...

12. ruinfx macrumors 6502a

well i think thats why we may see zune as hardware disapper and have it transition into a part of windows mobile.

13. synagence macrumors 6502a

Seems crazy that the Zune is STILL not officially available outside the USA ... Did MS never want the device to take off or get some global presence?

14. TheMBC macrumors 6502

You mean Engadget named an Apple product the best of the year? And a non-Apple product not? I am SHOCKED!

15. Benguitar Guest

Benguitar

16. drakeshipway macrumors 6502

drakeshipway

Some of the things.. Try everything except Windows 7.

But congrats Apple on all the wins! Nice.

17. randomusername macrumors 6502

And a lot of what Apple does makes no sense.

18. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

The click wheel is difficult to use. When I first used the iPod click wheel, it was easy. I used a friend's zune to try to pick a song. Dear jeebus, the thing was un-intuitive. Oh, and I never was able to pick the song. My friend had to pick it. :eek:

19. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Aside from Google making Android and the OS being open source, what is so great about the G1? Heck, I'm not even saying those reasons are good, but that's all I know about the G1 because NOBODY (that I know) has one. It seems to be the wet dream of uber nerds but a wet fart to the rest of us.

20. cleanup macrumors 68030

cleanup

What are you talking about? I can go down to any electronics store and pick up a Zune here in Toronto.

And as for the Engadget Awards, the Readers' Choice especially are a load of crock. Too many Apple fanboys on there. Even the staff has too many Apple fanboys. I don't even think the iPhone 3G is deserving of "gadget of the year" - it's just what we saw in 2007 except faster and more apps. It still lacks the functionality of a true smartphone.

None of the Apple products deserve to be up there, IMHO. There was no innovation from Apple this year around; they just kept milking the same teat.

21. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Good on ya' iPhone. Yeah, I know of one person with a Zune and after the fiasco last year, they've jumped ship and picked up a new iPod Touch 32GB.....:cool:

22. Apple iKid macrumors regular

2008 was more of a big year for the MacBooks, but I have a feeling this summer will be huge for the iPhone.

23. D-Jam macrumors member

I think the problem with Zune is that MS is living in the past. It's an iPod when we've all moved on to iPod Touches and iPhones.

If Apple somehow managed to swing an FM transmitter (not sure if someone made an app), then there is no advantage of owning a Zune other than if you're anti-Apple.

MS needs to learn from Google what Apple quickly learned. That if you keep everything closed up and at a fee for extras...then you lose. When you open up and create a platform for others to build on, then you win. Open source is the future, and even Apple was reluctant on it until Android popped up.

Look where Apple is now that they opened the SDK and even went further to get people to make apps for their device.

If Mr Gates wants to keep up then he doesn't even need to make a Zune Phone, but he does need to think about more making Windows Mobile a platform to build upon for users. I imagine there are millions of sofrware developers out there that would love to be able to easily build Apps for Windows Moble devices just as much as they want to build for Apple and Android.