iPhone vs Android for Google/Mac User

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by lyons1005, Oct 6, 2010.

1. lyons1005 macrumors newbie

Ok so I'm about to upgrade my phone from an old Blackberry Curve 8330 and I wanted some informed, objective opinions on the iPhone vs Android alternatives (Droid x, Incredible, Evo, one of the Galaxy S series).
    Here is my background:
    On the hardware side of things I am a big fan of Apple. I have a newer model iMac, airport extreme and express, so the connectivity between my home devices and the iPhone is something that I like. I also prefer handling all my media through iTunes. I also have been very happy with my old blackberry using it for just basic surfing and data, but if I am going to spend the money I would like some media capabilities.
    On the other side of the coin, I really like all the google online apps, Gmail, especially, and I like the idea of native Gmail on my phone. I understand both sides of argument for openness in the application approval process (control/quality etc.) so I don't want to here about apple's strictness or the number of crappy android apps.
    Basically, I want opinions from those Mac users out there who also love Google's web products.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Mr Kram macrumors 68000

Mr Kram

i'm an avid mac user and i think i use every google app out there. although, gmail and calendar are not native, they integrate well with their respective mac apps.

3. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

Read your own post again. You've given every reason to get an iPhone versus anything else. It sounds to me like you're looking for reassurance instead of opinions. Here's your reassurance:

Get the iPhone.