Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Konvictz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 25, 2014
I dont care what anyone says but if you use iphone and an android phone, the iphone is faster, quicker, snappier, things like typing is instantaneous on iphone, even scrolling through pictures, on android there is little stutters and lags every now and then. And yes iOS is a 'dumb' 'basic' OS but that is what I need on a mobile device. No one is going to be doing x86 programming for ps4 titles on a phone.

Everyone knows mac is the better OS (for pcs), runs better, more reliable, quicker simpler etc but windows has 90% of the market share because of availability and compatibility.

Android phones hardware and software wise are moving on pretty fast, i still see them as behind iphone/ios but I think eventually android will overtake them because it will have overwhelming majority of the market.

Im sure soon google will find a way of delivering the snappiness and quickness and neatness of iOS on their android devices, especially when we are talking quad and 8 core processors coming out.

And I am sure google will tackle the lag element which currently makes even the top android phones feel cheap.

And if they simplify the layout of the OS, people complain about iOS being too simple, what I dont care, I want to unlock and find big fat buttons of all the apps I want, I dont want a clock and 3/4 menus to get to the app I want, no.

But If android do tackle this, and they should be able to with the research google have. I mean android have done the hard part which is building a decent mobile OS, sorting out the wifi bluetooth etc etc to work well,

Then that is the day I would switch from iOS to android because then it would have everything I like from iOS combined with the features like expandable memory and little things like plugging your device and dragging and dropping what you want (in fact I hate how enclosed and over complicated the whole iphone itunes syncing process is).

By the way why why why does apple not support windows properly (I know people will say you can put windows on mac but its not supported to run optimally). I really like the macbook air, beautiful device but without windows is useless to me. Apple would sell many millions of units if windows was supported properly on macs.

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
I dont care what anyone says but if you use iphone and an android phone, the iphone is faster, quicker, snappier, things like typing is instantaneous on iphone, even scrolling through pictures, on android there is little stutters and lags every now and then. And yes iOS is a 'dumb' 'basic' OS but that is what I need on a mobile device. No one is going to be doing x86 programming for ps4 titles on a phone.
This is almost all completely subjective. Also, faster, quicker, and snappier are essentially the same thing.

Everyone knows mac is the better OS (for pcs), runs better, more reliable, quicker simpler etc but windows has 90% of the market share because of availability and compatibility.
I'm a Mac guy (PC at work), but this is almost completely subjective also. There are hundreds of reasons Windows holds 90% of the market.

Android phones hardware and software wise are moving on pretty fast, i still see them as behind iphone/ios but I think eventually android will overtake them because it will have overwhelming majority of the market.
Subjective. Especially when I can go to the store right now and buy all my groceries and never have to pull out my wallet.

Im sure soon google will find a way of delivering the snappiness and quickness and neatness of iOS on their android devices, especially when we are talking quad and 8 core processors coming out.
Kitkat on the Nexus 5 is fantastic. My experiences with L have also been "snappy".

And I am sure google will tackle the lag element which currently makes even the top android phones feel cheap.
Vanilla android does not have this problem. Google is moving towards more widespread vanilla android. Problem solved.

And if they simplify the layout of the OS, people complain about iOS being too simple, what I dont care, I want to unlock and find big fat buttons of all the apps I want, I dont want a clock and 3/4 menus to get to the app I want, no.
I'm not sure what this means, but I'm pretty sure it's subjective.

But If android do tackle this, and they should be able to with the research google have. I mean android have done the hard part which is building a decent mobile OS, sorting out the wifi bluetooth etc etc to work well,
lol whut?

Then that is the day I would switch from iOS to android because then it would have everything I like from iOS combined with the features like expandable memory and little things like plugging your device and dragging and dropping what you want (in fact I hate how enclosed and over complicated the whole iphone itunes syncing process is).
Sounds like you want essentially an "iOS hackintosh". However, Nexus devices don't have expandable memory, but i don't miss the feature.

By the way why why why does apple not support windows properly (I know people will say you can put windows on mac but its not supported to run optimally). I really like the macbook air, beautiful device but without windows is useless to me. Apple would sell many millions of units if windows was supported properly on macs.
Windows on the Mac works fine.

Matthew9559

macrumors 6502a
Apr 7, 2007
Cleveland, OH
Hmm. While I have run into slight UI lag issues from time to time on my Nexus 5. Overall, it is pretty darn fluid now. Not quite iOS smooth but damn close enough. Kitkat really did do a lot to pick up ground in that respect.

Android and iOS each have their weaknesses and strengths. Use what suites your tastes best and experiment occasionally to see what the other side is like. ;)

chupachup

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2013
Hmm. While I have run into slight UI lag issues from time to time on my Nexus 5. Overall, it is pretty darn fluid now. Not quite iOS smooth but damn close enough. Kitkat really did do a lot to pick up ground in that respect.

Android and iOS each have their weaknesses and strengths. Use what suites your tastes best and experiment occasionally to see what the other side is like. ;)

IOS occasionally lags and stutters as well.

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
OP. Your entire post is subjective. My Android experiences have been much much smoother than my iOS experiences.

As for the future, Mac will continue to verse PC and iOS will continue to verse Android. And Valve will continue to verse EA.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Safari hangs for me whilst loading websites on a daily basis. Apps and webpages reload on a daily basis. I don't call that a smooth experience, it's damned frustrating!
Android has none of those problems.
It's true that some older Android devices with Jelly Bean and prior versions of the o/s do lag a bit, especially with Touchwiz overlays, but the latest kit flies along. There is zero lag on my partner's HTC M8 when doing anything you could think of. That thing flies!

A vanilla version of Android is absolutely comparable to iOS and in many respects it's actually better. However, people get used to one o/s or the other and miss things when they switch platforms. That's an entirely subjective experience. Mac isn't 'better' than pc, and I can list numerous reasons why. So how come plenty of people prefer Mac? They just do. It suits them better, or the few pros there undoubtedly are trump the numerous cons. People like what they like. Is Adidas better than Nike? Both sportswear firms offer the same range of clothing and footwear, and yet depending on your tastes you'll say that one is better than the other.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
My 5s flies, no lag whatsoever, except for that one unexplained time months ago.

Safari is not an issue for me, nor is it an issue on my iPad 2 for the most part. There are certain websites on the iPad 2 that load slowly. But then again my souped up desktop with hyper-broadband speeds lags on certain websites as well.

Out if the 200,000,000 iPhones sold you seem to have the worst experience ever. Bad hardware, stuttering, lousy camera, lousy battery life and I can't remember what else has been posted here. I'm surprised you still have an iPhone.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
My 5s flies, no lag whatsoever, except for that one unexplained time months ago.

Safari is not an issue for me, nor is it an issue on my iPad 2 for the most part. There are certain websites on the iPad 2 that load slowly. But then again my souped up desktop with hyper-broadband speeds lags on certain websites as well.

Out if the 200,000,000 iPhones sold you seem to have the worst experience ever. Bad hardware, stuttering, lousy camera, lousy battery life and I can't remember what else has been posted here. I'm surprised you still have an iPhone.

I never said it has a lousy camera ;-)
Just that the S5 is better in that respect.
As for why I still have it, well it was expensive. After an awesome experience with the iPhone 4 I've followed it with an awful iPhone 5 experience. Loose volume buttons, a squeaking home button, dreadful battery life since installing iOS7 and the Safari hanging/reloading rubbish which happens daily. That is a software issue and many have reported it. If I use a different browser (which I do 80% of the time) then the web page hanging during loading disappears, but the reloading still happens. Plenty of iPhone owners have loose buttons, awful battery life and web page/app reloading issues. It isn't just me...by a long chalk.
But yeah, it has tarnished my opinion of Apple for sure and that's why I'm seriously considering the Note 4 as my next device. If this iPhone 5 hadn't been such a stinker, then I would have got the iPhone 6 without hesitation. As things stand, it will be the Note 4 or the iPhone 6...

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
I never said it has a lousy camera ;-)
Just that the S5 is better in that respect.
As for why I still have it, well it was expensive. After an awesome experience with the iPhone 4 I've followed it with an awful iPhone 5 experience. Loose volume buttons, a squeaking home button, dreadful battery life since installing iOS7 and the Safari hanging/reloading rubbish which happens daily. That is a software issue and many have reported it. If I use a different browser (which I do 80% of the time) then the web page hanging during loading disappears, but the reloading still happens. Plenty of iPhone owners have loose buttons, awful battery life and web page/app reloading issues. It isn't just me...by a long chalk.
But yeah, it has tarnished my opinion of Apple for sure and that's why I'm seriously considering the Note 4 as my next device. If this iPhone 5 hadn't been such a stinker, then I would have got the iPhone 6 without hesitation. As things stand, it will be the Note 4 or the iPhone 6...

You really drew the unlucky straw with regards to iPhone issues. Most iPhone owners I know, do not have issues or complain about any if the issues you have noted. Even if "plenty" of people have the same issues,"plenty" cannot really be defined with 50,000,000 or more iPhone 5, 5s, 5c users.

You should do what you feel is best as far as your next phone, I'm sure regardless of your forum prognostications, the i6 is going to be a block buster.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
You really drew the unlucky straw with regards to iPhone issues. Most iPhone owners I know, do not have issues or complain about any if the issues you have noted. Even if "plenty" of people have the same issues,"plenty" cannot really be defined with 50,000,000 or more iPhone 5, 5s, 5c users.

You should do what you feel is best as far as your next phone, I'm sure regardless of your forum prognostications, the i6 is going to be a block buster.

Loose iPhone buttons are just as widespread as tight ones. Poor battery life is infamous with every iPhone, and especially the iPhone 5 running iOS7. The rest are software issues which every iPhone has but whether you browse the web enough to notice them is another matter. I have had this web page hanging and reloading issue since the iPhone 4, and with iOS 5/6/7...

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Loose iPhone buttons are just as widespread as tight ones. Poor battery life is infamous with every iPhone, and especially the iPhone 5 running iOS7. The rest are software issues which every iPhone has but whether you browse the web enough to notice them is another matter. I have had this web page hanging and reloading issue since the iPhone 4, and with iOS 5/6/7...

Widespread, infamous, every? Those are very bold statements. I would like to know how you are so learned with regards to the state of buttons, and safari...enough to say widespread and every?

As far as battery life, poor is subjective. My old lg flip phone with the extended battery lasted a week between charges. I could say anything under a week is poor battery life.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Widespread, infamous, every? Those are very bold statements. I would like to know how you are so learned with regards to the state of buttons, and safari...enough to say widespread and every?

As far as battery life, poor is subjective. My old lg flip phone with the extended battery lasted a week between charges. I could say anything under a week is poor battery life.

My iPhone5, my friends' iPhone 5s, a couple or colleagues' iPhone 5s and my girlfriend's brother's iPhone 5 all had their battery life *decimated* upon installing iOS7 and none of the subsequent updates have reversed this.
I've also seen numerous threads both here and on the Apple forum where users have reported the same issue. No clean installs, setting up as a new phone or deleting apps/adjusting settings have fixed the battery drain. This to me at least is pretty conclusive evidence and the fact that you a) don't have an iPhone 5 and b) have never experienced any problems with an Apple device is pretty scant evidence to the contrary.

Likewise the loose volume/mute/wake buttons. This is a widespread issue with many threads both here and on the Apple forums stating as much. Plus, again, all my friends' and colleagues' phones exhibit the same problem (except one lucky colleague) and ALL the 5S phones on display at the local Apple store have loose buttons. So again, this is fairly damning evidence in my book.

joshkhaos1

Suspended
Jul 24, 2014

Stopped reading after the bold.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
My iPhone5, my friends' iPhone 5s, a couple or colleagues' iPhone 5s and my girlfriend's brother's iPhone 5 all had their battery life *decimated* upon installing iOS7 and none of the subsequent updates have reversed this.
I've also seen numerous threads both here and on the Apple forum where users have reported the same issue. No clean installs, setting up as a new phone or deleting apps/adjusting settings have fixed the battery drain. This to me at least is pretty conclusive evidence and the fact that you a) don't have an iPhone 5 and b) have never experienced any problems with an Apple device is pretty scant evidence to the contrary.

Likewise the loose volume/mute/wake buttons. This is a widespread issue with many threads both here and on the Apple forums stating as much. Plus, again, all my friends' and colleagues' phones exhibit the same problem (except one lucky colleague) and ALL the 5S phones on display at the local Apple store have loose buttons. So again, this is fairly damning evidence in my book.

I have not seen any of what you are referring to. So to me the issues are not widespread in fact the issues you describe are non-existent over here. With more than 50,000,000 iPhone 5 and above out there widespread is 25,000,000 or more. The 10 people you refer to out of 50,000,000 is .0000002%. Not exactly widespread.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
I have not seen any of what you are referring to. So to me the issues are not widespread in fact the issues you describe are non-existent over here. With more than 50,000,000 iPhone 5 and above out there widespread is 25,000,000 or more. The 10 people you refer to out of 50,000,000 is .0000002%. Not exactly widespread.

So you're discounting the numerous posters in threads on umpteen forums as well as myself..and the fact you've personally seen a few perfect iPhones means that the rest of the 50,000,000 you mention are therefore perfect too?

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
So you're discounting the numerous posters in threads on umpteen forums as well as myself..and the fact you've personally seen a few perfect iPhones means that the rest of the 50,000,000 you mention are therefore perfect too?

Yes, I'm discounting the posts as there is no way with any statistical certainty to actually count the number is users affected by any issue they are claiming. With 50,000,000 of these devices out there, anything and everything "could" happen. But to call this widespread has to be backed up. Nothing is perfect in this world that man has created.

Konvictz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 25, 2014

You are wrong.

Is this guy actually serious? If you can find 5 phones with apparently loose buttons, I can find 5000 that are not loose. I think you are forgetting most iphone customers upgrade to iphone, if every iphone had loose buttons then no one would have bought the iphone and apple would have failed. Fortunately you are very wrong, infact the opposite is true people are impressed by the build quality of iphone, and thats why they apple have been so successful selling phones.

Try again.

And yes the iphones battery life is crap before or after ios 7, but compare it to say galaxy s5, you get more battery life with samsung android but how much more? Can you use a galaxy s5 for a week without charging? No everyone i know have to charge their smartphone everyday iphone or not.

And if you really want to do a built quality war between iphone and say an android phone like galaxy s5, im sorry but you will fail badly.

That was a pathetic attempt.

Try again.

mrex

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
europe
I dont care what anyone says but if you use iphone and an android phone, the iphone is faster, quicker, snappier, ...

You dont care what anyone else says, but you wanted to tell us your opinion. What was the point? I have to admit that I stop reading after the first paragraph, so probably the answer was there??

makerleone

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2014
USA
I have Samsung Galaxy note 3 and iPhone 5s, i enjoy to use my 5s its just have 1gb ram but its still works very quick comparing to my note 3.. note has 3gb ram but its almost full every time, even i clear ram its don't work the device still hanged.
now other side android have a lots of application in market, and in android we have a choice for choosing a device like htc, samsung etc. in reasonable price so common people also can use it.
we can definitely see that in future android is covering huge part of a market. but some ios lovers like me will still stay in ios.

Klyster

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2013
And yes the iphones battery life is crap before or after ios 7, but compare it to say galaxy s5, you get more battery life with samsung android but how much more? Can you use a galaxy s5 for a week without charging? No everyone i know have to charge their smartphone everyday iphone or not.

And if you really want to do a built quality war between iphone and say an android phone like galaxy s5, im sorry but you will fail badly.

That was a pathetic attempt.

Try again.

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/23903/20140721/samsung-galaxy-s5-ad-dig-apple-iphone.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKkJdstQKsM

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.