Iphone vs Android

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aoaaron, Sep 15, 2014.

1. aoaaron macrumors 6502

Hey guys. I'm in the market for a new phone and I'm going for the iPhone 6. I just wanted to ask those more informed if a Samsung phone could be a winner given my needs.

I have a macbook pro, ipad etc. I want to be able to use FaceTime, iMessages, have my bookmarks and contacts synced by one app/service easily, and I feel the iPhone alone is the only device which can do that without having to fiddle with 3-10 different syncing apps.

A week ago I bought a MBP, on setup put in my iCloud info. On fresh start up of my new laptop, I went into safari. Boom, all my old bookmarks were already synced and there. Then I received an iMessage from my girlfriend, it said her name. I clicked on contacts. All my contacts are there. I then received a FaceTime request from my sister which I answered. Whilst talking to her, I opened up ical because I thought I better start organising myself on my new laptop.. and boom everything was already there. I then opened up iTunes to add some albums, I remembered iTunes match... activated it.. and boom I have access to 80gb of music. Then a reminder popped up reminding me to study or my new exam.

Thats the apple experience which I love. Please correct me if I'm wrong but can a phone like the Samsung S5 really integrated that easily into my life? I love being able to start a text conversation with a friend, then finish it off on my laptop whilst doing work like I do on iMessages. I feel like people get too bogged down by stats of processors, RAM.. and forget the seamless experience which apple offers.

Do you guys think an android phone can easily integrate into that kind of environment?

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Considering it doesn't have FaceTime, Messages, Reminders, Calendar, or any other iOS/Mac OSX app, no.

Sure, there are Google Apps that you could probably download on both your iOS and OS X devices that could provide some sort of workaround, but it wouldn't be the seamless, easy to use experience that the Apple ecosystem can provide.